We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight prices

wales
Level Contributor
387 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Flight prices

Taking a break from stalis this year.off to zante.can't believe flights from Bristol 2nd June are so expensive 1100 ish for 2 return with baggage and transfers.last year we paid about 700.but we booked as flights 1st come out.interesting to know if most people on here does the same?

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
38 replies to this topic
swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight prices

Are those prices for flight only? or is that the complete package?.

wales
Level Contributor
387 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight prices

That's flights with 20 kg and transfers.not accomadation for 2 people 2 weeks.we only paid that last year with apartment.I know London airports are about 400 cheaper.I guess earlier you book the cheaper it is

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight prices

Wow!! that is dear for flight and transfer only,i would even call it dear if accommodation was included unless it's a fancy apartment at maybe a b&b or half board tariff.

We used to always try and fly from Bristol but the prices even on the day of release have really gone up in the past few years.We now nearly always fly from either Gatwick or Heathrow as it is as you say quite a bit cheaper.

We also went to Zante a few years ago staying in Tsilivi and really enjoyed it,if it is Tsilivi your staying in then i think you'll find it very similar to Stalis

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
Zante
Zante
64 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
Tsilivi
Tsilivi
Zakynthos, Greece
Scotland
Level Contributor
294 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight prices

You should price a package deal - you might find it works out cheaper

Level Contributor
446 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight prices

We staying Zante this year found package deals were cheaper , looked for September stalis Sofi beach with jet 2 980 pounds each as a package we payed 470 each year before last same dates x

brighton
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight prices

Good old Sussex by the Sea , £170 return to Heraklion in june from Gatwick per person with luggage , I know some will have got it cheaper but in comparison to the OP it puts it all into perspective

Mentioned in this post
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Merthyr Tydfil...
Level Contributor
393 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight prices

Flight from bristol with 1 case going April 21 st coming back October 20th for 2 people with easyjet 390 pound .

wales
Level Contributor
387 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight prices

We're staying in kalamaki.cost around 1000 with S.C.apartments...I've priced stalis for September which mirrors June.it's not much different from Bristol or London which tells me to book early as poss

Mentioned in this post
Bristol
Bristol
England, UK
London
London
England, UK
swindon,england
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight prices

I think the prices for both flights and accommodation have risen quite a bit this year for most Greek destinations,i know that i have struggled so far to find anything close to what we normally pay for our September holiday.

Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight prices

My wife and I paid just short of £1500 flying from Newcastle last july/Aug with jet2, luggage & transfers inc, staying at the soleil sc apartments for 2 weeks,Going back this year for 3 weeks staying at different apartments for £100 more with Thomas cook with luggage & transfers Inc. We booked back end of Aug & Just checked now & flight fares have shot up.

Reply to: Flight prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stalis