We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartments suggestion

Westgate-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Apartments suggestion

Thinking of going to stalis this yr first time after a smaller complex with nice gardens views etc with nice size balcony, walking distance to everything without being right in the centre if possible.Also could someone tell me how long it takes to get the resort from the airport please.

Thankyou

40 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Apartments suggestion

I can't recommend nikos enough, booked this summer for my 4th visit. I've written a couple reviews on them

Westgate-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Apartments suggestion

Hi thankyou I have looked at them they look nice someone had put about noise is there a block overlooking pool but not on top of the bar or would you say it's not an issue.

Thanks

Bridgend County...
Level Contributor
363 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Apartments suggestion

Have you looked at the Rainbow apartments? Spotlessly clean, five minutes walk from the beach and resort main strip. Some rooms have great views of the mountains and sea. Lovely pool and poolbar too. Noise not normally an issue unless you get a room at the front. They book up really quickly though so might not be available for your dates

Jamie

Westgate-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Apartments suggestion

Thankyou Jamie will take a look at the rainbow.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Apartments suggestion

We could see bar from balcony and having 2 young kids with us , retired earlyish- never had a problem with noise. Except perhaps for their Greek night , but everyone joined in with that, no one went to bed early!

Westgate-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Apartments suggestion

Thankyou for that looking at some apartments you go through an underpass is this just to go to the beach or to the town as might have 2 18 yr old girls with us is it safe to go of at night on there own.

Westgate-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Apartments suggestion

Is there any apartments the other side of the main rd so don't have to go through the underpass.

Bridgend County...
Level Contributor
363 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Apartments suggestion

The underpass is fine even late at night as it's only 50 metres and we staggered back through it at all times of the night! If it's still an issue, the link below shows you the apartments close to the main centre and the beach side of the road (on the map EL.VENIZELOU is the busy main road so any that are the sea side will avoid the road)

https://goo.gl/auBf1g

JAmie

Westgate-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Apartments suggestion

Thankyou jamie

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,423 posts
88 reviews
10. Re: Apartments suggestion

It's 100% safe unless you're very tall or it's been raining a lot! I think this might be the one a bit further along but it's pretty much the same - this was taken after a torrential downpour in August 2015:

https://flic.kr/p/x332ap

Of course, you can always cross the road instead if you wish. It's busy, but nothing worse than a main road at home.

Reply to: Apartments suggestion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations