We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Santorini

I am in Stalis and thinking of booking a day trip to Santorini. Has anyone done it and can offer advice or opinions?

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini

It is 127 miles from Heraklion to Santorini so no chance of a day trip.

Mentioned in this post
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini

There are many day trips to Santorini at the agents about E100 . I love Santorini if you really want to go go for it. Not sure how long you get there but it will be a nice boat ride which I always love when in Greece.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Runcorn, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santorini

We did it 2 years ago, on an organised trip. It was about 90€ and an early start but the high speed cat was really smooth. The guides have the best knowledge of the island and was worth having a look at Santorini for future holidays. My sister booked an over night trip and didn't have the guided tour, just wanted to go to Oia and Thira.Her cost was more than ours but she thought It was worth it. She's gone back today for a week.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,883 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santorini

Complete waste of money, particularly when UK has direct flighst to Santorini. The return ferry fare alone to Santorini is 130 Euros 1p return, (excursions also use these ferries) which includes 5 boring hours on an enclosed ferry with nowt but open sea.

Santorini is very useful, but as the basis for island hopping in the Cyclades group of islands.

Edited: 09 September 2017, 18:10
Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Reply to: Santorini
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations