We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self Catering

Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Self Catering

How busy is this resort? We like eating out every night, are there enough restaurants to try a different one every night for two weeks? (unless we find a favourite!) We have 2 girls aged 9 and 13 who like wandering around shops spending their pocket money, are there plenty of shops to keep them entertained?! Thanks in advance!

Katafigio
€€ - €€€, Mediterranean, Greek
Ideal Greek Taverna-Pizzeria
€€ - €€€, Pizza, Mediterranean, Greek
Pan Asia
€€ - €€€, Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,977 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self Catering

I'd say it sounds like it might be a bit quiet for you. I'd say there are a max of about 12 restaurants. There are a couple of big café bars near the turn off to Anopolis, and a couple of big supermarkets, but not a great deal in the way of tourist shops compared with some resorts, probably because it does attract lots of Heraklion residents.

You can have a 'drive' through. If you start here, on the western tip of KH, and move east, you can see more or less everything on offer:

http://tinyurl.com/k8a87kd

KH finishes about here, where it morphs into Gournes:

http://tinyurl.com/k2xz356

Have you looked at Stalis, it sounds more like it would suit you?

Edited: 08 February 2015, 16:44
Mentioned in this post
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Stalis
Stalis
Crete, Greece
manchester
Level Contributor
134 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self Catering

tanmb inreply to your questions.re kokinni hani.the bottom line is my advise is no this resort would not be suitable for what you are looking for re your holiday requiements.try some further research as steve has suggested .whatever you decide ..good luck for your next holiday plan.imo kokkini hanni is good but for the age 9 to 13 age group you can fair better for yours and their interests combined.its your choice at the end of the day .my advise is do more research on trip advisor and this forum which as always never fails to have excellent advise for you.

Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self Catering

Thank you for your replies. I had thought that Kokkini Hani may be too quiet for us. Now looking towards Stalis I think, seems there may be more to keep the girls entertained!

Mentioned in this post
Kokkini Hani
Kokkini Hani
Crete, Greece
Stalis
Stalis
Crete, Greece
4. Re: Self Catering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2016, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Kokkini Hani
Recent Conversations