We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus service to Caen

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Bus service to Caen

We are spending one night in Ouistreham. The next day, we are booked on a train at noon from Caen to Paris. What transportation is available between Ouistreham and Caen, how do I arrange it, and how much time does it take? Note that I don't read or speak French and have not had any luck with the busverts site. If there is a way to see the info in English, I can't find it. Don't hesitate to tell me that when I get off the ferry from Portsmouth, I should just take the waiting bus to Caen and spend the night there. If that's the better choice, I can easily make the change. It seemed more interesting to spend the night in a seaside town, but I'm sure Caen is also lovely. Thanks for your help.

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Bus service to Caen

In this circumstance I think you would be better off in Caen. It's an interesting town, with the chateau, old quarter near St Pierre and the Vaugeuex and the marina.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,980 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Bus service to Caen

Bus 19 goes from Ouistreham port into Caen. But only during the daytime. If your ferry is later than 5pm you will need to take a taxi.

Assuming there is a bus running for you, then you must buy a bus ticket inside the Ferry Terminal, they are not sold on the bus.

Here is the timetable:

busverts.fr/upload/…L19S1.pdf

Essex
Level Contributor
31,980 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Bus service to Caen

Bus No.1 also goes from Ouistreham to Caen at certain times. Here is the timetable:

busverts.fr/upload/…L1S2.pdf

Bon Chance!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Bus service to Caen

Thank you all for your help. If I switch the reservation and just spend the night in Caen, should I find a hotel near the train station, or is it easy to get around by taxi? Hotel recommendations?? Thank you again.

5. Re: Bus service to Caen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2017, 15:18