We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 nights in June

Lechlade, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
12 nights in June

Hi all,

My partner and I are visiting Croatia in June for the first time & we are very excited! We have booked a 12 night stay in Hotel Croatia in Baska Voda.

The beaches look fantastic & we are looking forward to

relaxing & doing some snorkeling in Baska Voda & Brela.

However we do like to get out & about too & I was wondering how easy it is to explore the area? Is it easy to do day trips to Makarska, the islands & maybe as far as Dubrovnik? We have decided against hiring a car so will be relying on organised trips & public transport. Would really love to take in some sites as well as the beach.

Also I have read some negative reviews about the restaurants in Baska Voda.... are they really that bad? (except Kings!).

Durham
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: 12 nights in June

No problem doing day trips to the islands, Split,, Trogir, Omis. Makarska is close enough to walk if you want. A day trip to Dubrovnik is possible, but it's 6-7 hours in a bus and you'd have to visit the old town in the middle of the day when it is heaving with cruise ship passengers.

Edited: 19 April 2014, 09:35
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: 12 nights in June

You're going to have a fabulous time, the colour of the water is spectacular. From Split to Dubrovnik is about 4.5hrs on the bus, so from Baska Voda it looks like about 3hrs to Dubrovnik, so that's quite a substantial amount of time to be on a bus for a day trip. It also appears that there are no ferries to any islands from there (although there could possibly be a private company which does day trips, especially to island Brac which is close, other wise you might have to take a trip up to Split and get a ferry/catamaran from there. It looks like Baska Voda is about 25kms from Split, so not far to go up and get a boat to the islands. If you go down to Dubrovnik make sure to take your passport, as you'll be going through Bosnia/Herzegovina.

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
43 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: 12 nights in June

hi

I am looking to do something similar next june, this will be our fourth visit to Croatia......never been to baska voda though, so just wondered how you got on, and where you went for day trips from there and how far split was.....thanks for any reply

4. Re: 12 nights in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2017, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Baska Voda
Recent Conversations