We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best time to go weather wise?

Which Alvor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
best time to go weather wise?

hi, we are thinking of going to alvor next year with our daughter who will be 2, it will be her first holiday so we want to go when the weather is hot but not too hot for a toddler,i went to the algarve when i was little but can't remember the weather all i know is with it been the atlantic it is changeable so any suggestions, were thinking end of june beginning july is this wise?!

also looking at dom joao is this reccomended for a first family holiday where we just want to relax and have fun on the beach and on a night eat and wander around the resort - is alvor a good choice!

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best time to go weather wise?

Brinybroo.....

I can only advise on the weather for you and not Dom Joao..........

I can tell you that the time of the year that you are planning to go to Menorca is perfect....

Not too hot and the risk of bad weather is really a thing of the past at that time of the year!!

Click onto the link and have a look at the weather forecast for now......and all the averages for the island....plus history etc...etc.....great website!!

wunderground.com/cgi-bin/…

I hope that helps you...?

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best time to go weather wise?

menorca??????????????!!

Alvor, Portugal.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best time to go weather wise?

Brinybrooo..........

Glad you're awake today! lol....

many apologies...that's sometimes the problem when you are trying to help out so many people from lots of different forums..!!

Please click onto the link below to get the info on the weather for ALVOR.....lol..

wunderground.com/cgi-bin/…

I still stand by my comments on the temperature etc...for Alvor

Sorry about before......

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best time to go weather wise?

no problems!

thanks for replying, i will go to menorca one day so i won't have to ask the question when we do go!!! lol.

thanks again.

Manchester England
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best time to go weather wise?

Brinybrooo.....

We are out in Alvor in two weeks time staying at the Pestana Delfim hotel as we did last year......really nice location and hotel....

The time of the year we travel is governed to us by the school holidays otherwise we would go end of June when it's perfect.....

Must get the sunblock out ready!!lol..

Can't wait!!

Grimsby, England
Level Contributor
274 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best time to go weather wise?

Hi, we have been at various times of the year. August was way too hot, not too bad for us as we rent a villa with a pool so we spent all day in it. September was better but the latter part of the week the days started off misty and a little cool but got better in the afternoon. This year we went in the last week in May and had quite a few short bursts of heavy rain, but it was still lovely. This is a nice time to go if you want to do a lot of sightseeing and you can walk around comfortably, but for us was a bit of a disappointment all we wanted to do was sit around the pool all day but couldn't. June should be perfect, and not too busy before the children break up.

Also Alvor is lovely, have been there a few times, good choice.

Have a fab time.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best time to go weather wise?

thanks, both replies helpful.looking at last 2 weeks of june. any other views welcome!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,009 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best time to go weather wise?

Hi,

June will be a nice time of year. Not too hot or too cold. Good sunbathing weather. That's when we went with our 2 kids. We stayed at Prainha Club which was lovely but quite a walk into town - 40 minutes. A friend has just come back and stayed at Dunas do Alvor apartments and said they were very good. Walking distance to both beach and resort centre. I'm afraid I don't know anyone who's been to Dom Joao to comment on it.

UK
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best time to go weather wise?

Ex weather web site best ever many thanks/

.Re Alvor by June £ sterling will have appreciated against the Euro 0r heaven knows ??. So perhaps could include Carlton Alvor Pria Hotel. Much more comfortable than D or Don Jao

but not quite so convenient to super market. Food there tho vastly over priced as told CAP Manager .- no notice - can't win then all did alter omelettes tho. . Lovely beach can walk along into Alvor or if very hot search out the large cave on left by CP sit there with Creative or Rio & book - cool but still the ozone. breezes. Raining here so can't go out to play sorry northwards but lyrical

Happy hols you will love it there

Regmaiche

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best time to go weather wise?

i would say late April early may was the best time for children being in the heat of the portuguese sun but they will still need to wear a sun hat. also the best time to avoid the mozzies. bg

Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations