We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aptamil baby milk

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Aptamil baby milk

I am going to Portugal in June I wondered if you can buy Aptamil baby milk?

11 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,799 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aptamil baby milk

Sold in all large supermarkets, various varieties. I am not an expert however!

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aptamil baby milk

From memory, there is the Portuguese branded version of this but i cant remember if its cow and gate or aptamil but as above its mainly sold in the larger supermarket and its was called Nutrilon

We ordered to the boots at the airport uk side and collected once we went through security for the week

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
24,980 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aptamil baby milk

A sample of what exists in one of the main supermarket chains https://www.continente.pt/stores/continente/pt-pt/public/Pages/subcategory.aspx?cat=bebe-infantil-leites(eCsf_WebProductCatalog_MegastoreContinenteOnline_Continente_EUR_Colombo_PT)

County Dublin...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aptamil baby milk

No I couldnt find it anywhere best to bring with you.

Also watch the water content in bottled water for mixing with baby powder, the sodium is much higher than home.

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Aptamil baby milk

They sell it in apolonia supermarkets.

County Dublin...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aptamil baby milk

I tried there didnt have all the versions.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
585 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aptamil baby milk

Would take it with you as slightly different formula abroad.

Level Contributor
22 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aptamil baby milk

Hope its not too late but Just to add to this post they sell bottled water specifically for babies/infants in pingo doce in Alvor. We got it there last year for our baby. Happy holidays

Farnham Common...
Level Contributor
87 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aptamil baby milk

I used aptimil for my children now 10 & 8. I used to buy it from Portuguese chemist shops & large supermarkets. Email the company that makes Aptamil & ask if it has a local brand name in Portugal - I think it does - which you will probably find in the supermarkets. I used to take a box of powder in my hold luggage which lasted about a week out to Portugal and had no problems & a couple of bottles for the plane which if I remember we had to drink a bit at security.

Farnham Common...
Level Contributor
87 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aptamil baby milk

My children now 10 & 8 drank Aptamil - I used to buy it in Portuguese chemist shops & larger supermarkets. Why don’t you email the company that makes Aptamil & they can tell you which supermarkets in Portugal sell it or if it it has a local brand name over there (I think it does). I also used to take a box of the powder out in my hold luggage without problems - which lasted around a week giving me time to find & buy supplies out there.

Reply to: Aptamil baby milk
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations