We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

Save Topic
Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

Hi, I am planning to visit Madikeri/Coorg on 28th October. Is this season suitable to enjoy the most of Madikeri? Or which time will it be suitable to enjoy the most of Madikeri?

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Bengaluru
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

Hello,

September through April is pleasant and cool and is a good time to visit.

June through August will be monsoon, so if you love rains, that would be the best time. Choice is yours.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,762 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

Coorg is an all weather destination but most ideal between November to January.

October end is a good time too post monsoons with lots of fresh greenery around.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

Just came from coorg nice weather night cold

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

You can hire a bike if couple as it best way to explore coorg

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Bengaluru
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

Can you let us know where do you get a bike to hire for Coorg trip?

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

coorg trail .....5 mins from raja seat near atithi hotel... famous place ....donot ask anyone as bike rental is illegal in coorg. rs 500 per day. u can find their contact number by googling it.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

Hello,

Coorg is an awesome destination that has pleasant weather all year round. So it can be visited anytime of the year. The beauty of Coorg changes with every season. Every season has its ups and downs too.

The main tourist season is from October to March due to which you may also find inflated prices everywhere. The monsoons are a little less crowded but the beauty of Coorg comes alive in the rains.

Need a more detailed month by month synopsis about the best time to visit Coorg, You can visit my Blog http://wp.me/p7OPjP-i3 .

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

If you love rain and u want to drench in rain then go in july.Though it rains frequently in coorg its the best time.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

Hello,

Coorg is an awesome destination that has pleasant weather all year round. So it can be visited anytime of the year. The beauty of Coorg changes with every season. Every season has its ups and downs too.

The main tourist season is from October to March due to which you may also find inflated prices everywhere. The monsoons are a little less crowded but the beauty of Coorg comes alive in the rains.

Need a more detailed month by month synopsis about the best time to visit Coorg, You can visit my Blog http://wp.me/p7OPjP-i3 .

Delhi
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which is the best time to travel to Madikeri/Coorg

HI Deepak, need your suggestion for my trip to Coorg from Hyderabad next week. I'm planning to travel by road not able to pick the right route for the trip. As I will be starting in afternoon from Hyd. wanted to take a break for over night stay on the way to coorg. If possible kindly suggest some good stopover and best route for Coorg.

Get answers to your questions about Madikeri