We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Wars

Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
75 reviews
11 helpful votes
Star Wars
Save

We are coming to Portmagee from the USA to do the island landing. My son is a Star Wars nut! Is there anywhere in that area to get Star Wars stuff , like T-shirt’s, memorabilia, ect? We’re staying at the Moorhouse.

9 replies to this topic
Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
24,404 posts
25 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Star Wars
Save

I have no idea about Star wars, but you do have your landing tickets I hope? And how old is your son?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
35,352 posts
115 reviews
147 helpful votes
2. Re: Star Wars
Save

You might do some research as well.

Skellig Michael is an ancient monastic settlement. And a protected site. Its not a film set.

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
24,404 posts
25 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Star Wars
Save

Its a shame they had to dismantle the second set that was built west of Dingle, then the Star Wars fans could have gone there, and the real pilgrims to Skellig Michael could still have visited in comparative peace.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
4. Re: Star Wars
Save

I don’t think the OP is claiming it’s a film set. Though, if we want to split hairs here, it’s a former film set, twice over. I know where you’re coming from and appreciate the sentiment behind your post. But maybe let people have some fun with this for a little bit.

To the OP, you mean The Moorings? You’re in luck. Right next door is Cois Cuain Gifts. They have a bunch of Star Wars-related stuff, including t-shirts, porgs and so forth.

Wilnsdorf, Germany
Level Contributor
235 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Star Wars
Save

May Bank Holiday Weekend is Star Wars Time in Portmagee Valentia Island and Ballyferriter(Dingle Peninsula)

http://www.irishnews.com/news/republicofirelandnews/2018/03/30/news/star-wars-new-irish-festival-will-mark-may-the-4th-celebrations-1292225/

https://www.wildatlanticway.com/may-the-fourth-festival

Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
75 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: Star Wars
Save

Yes thanks, we bought them a couple months ago . He’s 12, they said he could go on the landing tour.

Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
75 reviews
11 helpful votes
7. Re: Star Wars
Save

Yes we researched it. Just want to climb the 640 steps to where they filmed it. Very beautiful up there.

Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
75 reviews
11 helpful votes
8. Re: Star Wars
Save

Oh good, cheap stuff of Star Wars, the cheesy kind. My favorite, just want a few souvenirs,

Rutherford, New...
Level Contributor
314 posts
94 reviews
28 helpful votes
9. Re: Star Wars
Save

We popped into a shop for a drink and some fruit and they had Star Wars stuff for sale, so not hard to find merchandise in that little town.

Reply to: Star Wars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Portmagee
More Portmagee Topics
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.