We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

Which Baga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

Thought I'd do my trip report while still here.

This is the end of our first week, 2 more left. I'll try to report at least every 3 or 4 days, but you know what its like, busy busy busy....

Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions relating to stuff out here.

Firstly, yes, all bars and restaurants in town are closing at 11pm, but some of the shacks are ignoring the rules.

No shortage of sunbeds, and no shortage of alcoholic beverage in shack, restaurant or offie.

We are staying along Baga Creek Road, between Baga Bridge and Arpora. Nothing much has changed since last year, though it does seem a little busier.

We have tried several restaurants, and only had one bad meal. That was at Heathrow! I ordered a steak, and was given what resembled a butter knife to eat it. When I asked for a steak knife, was told they were not allowed as we were after security, but they would take it away and cut it up for me. I declined, tried to eat it, but even after I managed to hack and tear a bit off, it was near impossible to chew.

Meal was sent back and duly replaced with something easier to disect.

We've tried so far, Mayona Creekside, Fishermans Cove, a place in Candolim next to Elephant Shop, can't remember name, Fire and Ice, Kindman, All Spice and Rasa.

All were great food, great value. We are not big eaters, often getting a dish each, 1 rice, and sharing, but did not really seem like the portion size is smaller as has been mentioned elsewhere.

Went to Jambalaya Sunday and Tuesday, had a great time. Place was pretty crowded both nights.

Shacks so far: Squeeze. Had a bit of a facelift, same lads and hangers on, very friendly. Prices just slightly up on last year. Its up near the boats which is not ideal, but at mid to low tide, not a problem.

Cafe del Mar: Still good, spotlessly clean, good food, but a lot dearer than last year.

Club 21 at Candolim: Nice and friendly, good toilets.

Bosco's: Same as last year, not particularly memorable.

Weather is a bit unsettled. Has been cloudy and hazy, and very windy on Wednesday, but hey, its still hot and sunny, much better than snow anyway.

Here are links to a couple of snaps, TTFN

Though Jet Airways are good, Not sure our luggage allowance is that genourous.

…photobucket.com/albums/…SDC11352.jpg

Just about sums it all up...

…photobucket.com/albums/…SDC11343.jpg

Not too sure about this place....

…photobucket.com/albums/…SDC11340.jpg

TTFN

Edited: 11 February 2012, 05:26
lancs
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

at last someone who is giving a honest report, instead of all the doom and gloom that's been on here lately,

great blog stefanwolf.

going 27th feb, and looking forward to it, even with early closing and dry days,

keep up the blogs good to here.

one thing is it still full of all the happy smiling Russians, with all there charm.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
Level Contributor
5,613 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

Good report Stefnwolf.

Hope this has put to bed some of the bad things that people were expecting before they travelled.

We used to use the Squeeze Shack up until a couple of years ago, then more motorboats arrived and the dreaded Jet Ski's. All we could get all day was the smell of Diesel not to mention the noise so we moved further up the beach to the Big Banana.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

Hey Stefnwolf, where is anol heaven? Lol

UK
Level Contributor
692 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

StAlex, why would you want to go there? Lol

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

To get a bum deal! Lol Sorry about this.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,409 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

Great blog stefnwolf :-)

Westhoughton...
Level Contributor
312 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

Hi Stefnwolf keep up the good work

were is Club 21 in Candolim please, look foward to your next blog

Marie

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,583 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

Enjoyed reading your trip report so far - nice to hear the positives comes back...

Boo

manchester
Level Contributor
1,819 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

Hi Stefnwolf, really enoyed reading your first installent, I was talking to a couple when we were last In Goa and the recommended Kindman, can you tell me where it is please ?

Looking forward to the next bit :)

Edited: 11 February 2012, 20:06
Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stefnwolf's Blogyssey 2012

Keep it coming. Great stuff.

Get answers to your questions about Baga
Recent Conversations