We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TripAdvisor Establishment research

Nottingham
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
TripAdvisor Establishment research

I would like to ask how the powers-that-be at TripAdvisor confirm that an establishment exists?

We had a lovely weekend away in Matlock Bath last week at one of the town's most 'flagship' establisments, yet TripAdvisor insist that they cannot confirm its existance?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
1. Re: TripAdvisor Establishment research

Hi there

I recently wanted to write a review for apartments we stayed at in Greece this summer. They weren't on TAs database which is why they ask you to include an email address a website address and anything else that can confirm the existence of the property. I doubt whether the people at TA have the time to find out themselves, did you include this info for them?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
126 reviews
2. Re: TripAdvisor Establishment research

Had the same thing with a steam train museum in Poland and despite giving a lot of details it came back same as OP. Shame really as it took us ages to find the details as we couldn't find it through TA or searching internet. We dropped lucky in finding the details but others may not.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: TripAdvisor Establishment research

Absolutely yes - on the first notification that TripAdvisor could find no mention of the establishment, I replied with the full address and phone number of the business as found on Google. There is no website, which is not unusual for businesses of this type (50% of my reviews are of businesses without a website). If TripAdvisor wants to continue its claim to be a forerunner in local business reviews, then it ought to make a little more effort to include main attractions in its database, especially when the details are submitted by reviewers themselves.

Edited: 10 November 2010, 08:05
4. Re: TripAdvisor Establishment research

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Matlock Bath