We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from whakapapa to taupo

Perth, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
transport from whakapapa to taupo

does anyone know if there's still bus transport from whakapapa to taupo running?

Manabus has cancelled this route few months ago.

we wanted to do northern circuit next month. we will be arriving at National park from wellington, and after that we will be heading for Taupo. thank you

Mentioned in this post
Taupo
Taupo
Taupo District, New Zealand
5 replies to this topic
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
265 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from whakapapa to taupo

You could try contacting one of the Tongariro crossing transport shuttles that come through daily from Taupo see if you can get a lift with them back to Taupo

Mentioned in this post
Tongariro National Park
Tongariro National Park
Manawatu-Wanganui Region, New Zealand
Taupo
Taupo
Ruapehu, New Zealand
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from whakapapa to taupo

If you are going from Whakapapa to Taupo there is only one option now of booking direct via a local transport provider. Only one of the Shuttle operators who do the Tongariro Crossing transport offer this service. The price though is not cheap to be honest.

However in saying that if you contact the Whakapapa I site/ DoC Visitor centre they will help you with transport.

I can think of cheaper options that require a multi stop transport service to link to keep costs down for you as that is my specialty in the area as well but heck someone will complain its self promotion.

Frankly I could recommend an operator that would cover options for you but if I name them guarantee it would be removed from comments.

You basically need transport from National Park to Whakapapa Village then ongoing from Whakapapa to Taupo. There is the intercity service from Turangi to Taupo but the other parts require local knowledge.

Mentioned in this post
Whakapapa
Whakapapa
Tongariro National Park, New Zealand
Taupo
Taupo
Tongariro National Park
Tongariro National Park
Manawatu-Wanganui Region, New Zealand
Turangi
Turangi
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: transport from whakapapa to taupo

Hi, I'm wanting to do the same travel from Wellington, do the tours and head towards Taupo and then go onto Napier. Would appreciate a reliable transport option leaving the National Park after 12pm on the 5/2/18 arriving in Taupo. I can't find anyway out!

Mentioned in this post
Wellington
Wellington
Greater Wellington, New Zealand
Taupo
Taupo
Napier
Napier
Hawke's Bay Region, New Zealand
Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport from whakapapa to taupo

Only one I am aware of is Ruapehu Scenic Shuttles scenicshuttles.co.nz pretty much takes on any the runs others dont.

5. Re: transport from whakapapa to taupo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2017, 00:35

Reply to: transport from whakapapa to taupo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tongariro National Park
More Tongariro National Park Topics