We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Conquistador in May

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
158 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
El Conquistador in May

May 8th I will arrive at El Conquistador with my adult children, 24 and 22. Much to my surprise they chose this over staying in San Juan. Is there any traditional Puerto-Rican culture in the area? We will not be renting a car. Will we only be experiencing the tourist resort stuff or will we have the opportunity to experience culture?

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10,424 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: El Conquistador in May

I wouldn't characterize the nightlife there as amazing or even having many choices for food. But that is me. Maybe others disagree.

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
468 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: El Conquistador in May

I agree with nytoparis. Not to burst your bubble, but Las Croabas gets busy mainly because the biobay tours leave from there. Having that many people in one place does give it a buzz of activity, but I wouldn't really call it nightlife. There are a couple of bars, a couple of restaurants, and a few kiosk-style places that serve food. We ate at one of the restaurants and haven't been back; it was just ok. It is a good place to visit within walking distance of El Conquistador, but I wouldn't characterize it as amazing. Better food is at La Estacion or Calizo, which are best reached by car.

Mentioned in this post
La Estacion
La Estacion
1,918 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Calizo Seafood Restaurant
Calizo Seafood Restaurant
856 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Woodbridge, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: El Conquistador in May

The resort has beautiful spacious grounds with many activities to keep you very busy. Even a Starbucks! The food is really good but expensive. Unfortunately, the resort is limited to night life offerings. El Conquistador and its adjacent sister property caters to business travels and families. The local town of Fajardo is a long walk away (7 minutes by car). Roads are very dark at night. I urge a little caution walking the streets at night. Fajardo is 50 minutes away from San Juan where your young adult children will party the nights away! I hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Fajardo
Fajardo
Puerto Rico
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
158 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: El Conquistador in May

Thanks to everyone that took the time to reply. I booked trips to old San Juan, the rainforest, Bacardi factory and horseback riding. The rest of the time we will have to make due on the resort or walk to Los crobas. Quiet frankly we all work at least 50 hours a week so will enjoy some relaxation. The kids picked this isolated location over San Juan so they will have to make due. Thankfully they are buying their own food as you would not believe how much my son eats.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: El Conquistador in May

Mostly resort stuff in that area, but that is not a bad thing

16. Re: El Conquistador in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2017, 04:16