We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry on the 14th to Culebra

Hopkinsville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry on the 14th to Culebra

How far in advance is suggested to be at the terminal if I have reserved tickets the day before as does anyone know the process of picking up reserved tickets?? Any help appreciated( flights are full from Ceiba:(.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry on the 14th to Culebra

I do not believe that is the question to ask, the better question is will the ferry actually be running.

Hopkinsville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry on the 14th to Culebra

I attempted to use the ferry two years ago with no luck. I take it I shouldn't hold my breath? No flights available as of today. Is there an alternative outside of catamaran tours? I read a post on private local captains who will take you to small cays if not to Vieques or Culebra?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
9,782 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry on the 14th to Culebra

Did you actually reserved the tickets?

You want to take the ferry on a sunday, valentines day, on a long weekend (15 is a holiday)? Good luck. Remember you might be able to get in but you might not be able to get out.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry on the 14th to Culebra

I suggest you get there 3 hours early to stand on the line if you haven't gotten tickets beforehand. If you get tickets ahead of time (as in paper ticket in your hand), you can arrive 1 hr before scheduled departure.

If you mean you have a confirmation code after reserved by calling 311 or using that online ticket site, then you need to go to a different area to get your tickets (it is around the corner I believe- where one can buy cargo tickets). But where you have reserved your ticket should tell you exactly where to go to get them. But you are too late to reserve your tickets now...it usually takes at least a week.

Hopkinsville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry on the 14th to Culebra

We have decided to try for Saturday the13th Instead. There are no flights for that day available to Vieques or Culebra either. We are going Friday around lunch to the terminal to attempt to get paper tickets in hand for the 9A.M. Saturday ferry. I wish there were an alternate way to get there! This is a last minute trip or I would have made better plans and reserved a flight 😑.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry on the 14th to Culebra

I believe you can go to the Cargo ferry reservation office to try for next day tickets. Try that first on Friday, if no luck there, then try the regular ticket window.

Hopkinsville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry on the 14th to Culebra

Thank you :).We are going to try Exactly that. If all else fails we are either going to try to book a day excursion or attempt to find decent snorkeling on the main island. (There are several beaches that I've read are decent, but also state in the reviews have dangerous currents). Our main reason for wanting to visit Culebra is to snorkel.

8. Re: Ferry on the 14th to Culebra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2017, 06:16