We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charters in Fajardo

Miami
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Charters in Fajardo

We are planning a snorkle day trip to culebra and are considering taking a charter boat or related from Fajardo.

There are many boat companies to pick. We want to go with a small group charter to enjoy the trip and experience. Loved the reviews for Erin Go Bragh Charters (they seem to offer what we are looking for), but they are booked the days we plan to go.

Any suggestions on a good, company to go with that provides a smaller group experience? We plan to go the first week of June.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Charters in Fajardo

If your group is of 6 guests or less, check out www.sailpuertorico.com

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Charters in Fajardo

Ventajero is great, but private, so you rent the whole boat. So unless you are 6 people, it is a bit pricey.

Try Serenity Sea tours....they run half day tours that are smaller groups, so it is a bit cheaper.

Or try Salty Dog or Traveler....they can hold about 45 people, but are usually not that full.

Phoenix, az
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Charters in Fajardo

Any other private charters? Privat motor yacht recs? Thanks

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Charters in Fajardo

Look at:

www.caribesailingadventures.com/yachts.asp

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,756 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Charters in Fajardo

I don't think you can make a day trip to Culebra on a sail boat. I've done it and it took most of the day to sail there. It was great, but we stayed a few nights

Miami
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
6. Re: Charters in Fajardo

Thank you all for your reply. We are two adults on this trip. Four years ago, I booked a with a small boat company. I can't remember the name. The boat owner had capacity for 8-10 people. It included food (sandwiches and fruits) and non-alcohol drinks for about $45. He took us to palomito and another island. The snorkel experience, food and price was GREAT! I'm guessing there are many companies that do these snorkel trips and do not have a website. Does anyone have information on a small boat company? I wish I could remember the captain's/company name.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: Charters in Fajardo

i think it would be too expensive to get a boat. have you considered flying over and renting a jeep? there is some awesome reefs accessible from the beach. check out the culebra board. also, look into getting on a boat once you are there.

it takes alot of fuel to get to culebra from fajardo. so its very expensive.

8. Re: Charters in Fajardo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 00:17