We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel trip to Culebra-East Island Excursions or SSTobias?

Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkel trip to Culebra-East Island Excursions or SSTobias?

We plan to book a snorkel trip to Culebra next week with 2 adults and 4 kids. Any advice on using East Island Excursions versus SSTobias (snorkel & beach tour.com)? I'm having difficulty deciding between the two, but would take other suggestions as well. Trying to keep the price under 600. Kids are 10, 11, 16, 17. Thanks in advance!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkel trip to Culebra-East Island Excursions or SSTobias?

EIE has been doing that route longer, but the owners of Tobias also own 2 other successful businesses (biobay and snorkel catamaran) out of Fajardo. We have been on EIE for various trips in the past. Guests of ours have used Tobias and where thrilled.

So I would vote for both equally.

Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkel trip to Culebra-East Island Excursions or SSTobias?

Thanks! At least I know we are safe either way. I think EIE has free rum drinks and I don't think Tobias has drinks included.

Pendleton, Oregon
Level Contributor
429 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkel trip to Culebra-East Island Excursions or SSTobias?

We did Tobias a few years ago - it was great and they DID serve plenty of drinks.

Bristol, Rhode...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkel trip to Culebra-East Island Excursions or SSTobias?

SS Tobias all the way. We had a fantastic family experience last April with them. On the day we went a front had moved in and docked most of the fleet that run these trips. Although it was a little choppy going out and coming back we enjoyed a beautiful sunny day on Culebra - while it stormed on the main island. My comfort level with the vessel, captain and the crew was very high. Know that this is a family run business that really knows what they're doing. Great lunch, drinks and all-around service. We're going back in two weeks to see those turtles!

5. Re: Snorkel trip to Culebra-East Island Excursions or SSTobias?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2018, 05:17