We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fajardo/Las Casitas, 7/5 yr old, Groceries, tours, car

Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fajardo/Las Casitas, 7/5 yr old, Groceries, tours, car

Hi! We are a family of four staying at Las Casitas in April for 4 days (plus our two travel days). We have airport transports included in our package.

1. Car/Restaurants: Once we are there, will we need a car or are the restaurants in the immediate area, walking distance good, coupled with the resort restaurant? I think generally we will relax by the pool, palomino and coqui water park. We won't go to El Yunque bc I'm a little concerned about mosquitos. Anywhere else to venture to?

2. Bio Bay: Is it glowing or not? Any good tours with kids our age? One tour operator said kids under 6 yr old were not allowed on the kayaks? And we'd want to do the sunset tour (not one starting at 8pm) so would it be worth it?

3. Groceries: Is there a reliable delivery service so that everything will be there when we arrive? Or a recommended local grocery store? Would we have to take a cab?

4. Anything you wish you'd known before going there?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
New Hampshire
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Fajardo/Las Casitas, 7/5 yr old, Groceries, tours, car

Just a 5 minute walk from the Las Casitas Marina, you will reach a park where there are many tour opportunities. I would suggest doing the Biobay Kayaking tour. A great experience. If you go through PURE ADVENTURE, the cost is only $49pp and the guides are marine biologists.

http://pureadventurepr.com

Mentioned in this post
Pure Adventure
Pure Adventure
1,250 Reviews
Puerto Rico
New Hampshire
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Fajardo/Las Casitas, 7/5 yr old, Groceries, tours, car

If you need a car service to get around, I highly recommend using Jorge Charry with Charry Transport. Very knowledgeable, reasonable prices and happy to go out of his way for you. His fee was $90 to the airport while many other services were charging $125 each way. You can text or call Jorge at 787-375-4915.

Edited: 05 March 2017, 00:28
13. Re: Fajardo/Las Casitas, 7/5 yr old, Groceries, tours, car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2018, 05:16