We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

My husband and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary for a week on this new ship. Given that this is a fairly new ship, has anyone cruised on a NCL- Hawaii sister ship and can give us tips for excursions and dress code. Is there a formal night on these cruises?

Many Thanks!

Sandusky, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

ang2ely,

My husband and I are also celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary aboard the NCL-Pride of Hawaii. WE set sail on June 19th . I look forward to responses from your post. Thanks for asking. Enjoy your trip! I am so very excited about our first trip to Hawaii.

Thanks to you!

Spring, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

We are set to travel to Hawaii, July 16-25. So it seems that you will be able to tell us all of the great travel info. I am so excited you responded, thanks!

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

There is a website called "Cruise Critic" which may give you some info...it is similar to Trip Advisor but is just for cruise's. There is ship info, trip reviews (good & bad) etc

www.cruisecritic.com

Enjoy

Atlanta
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

We are going on the Pride of Hawaii on June 26th with our 13 and 16 year old. At this time this new ship has had no sailings so there are no reviews other than what is provided from NCL. After reading reviews about the other NCL ships I am very concerned. I will be very interested in seeing what actual passengers have to say. I hope I didn't make a huge mistake. We have been on Disney, Princess and Royal Carribean and had a great time. We had to get 2 cabins as NCL would not allow more than 2 to a cabin even though the cabins have 4 beds. I guess they were afraid they couldn't fill the ship! Believe me with the airfare from Atlanta this was no bargain. So any one with any information regarding this ship, excursions, etc. please keep us informed! Thanks!!!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

I just posted some info on this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k623244…

The itinerary is for June 26th sailing.

It will be about the same for other dates.

To check your own:

www.ncl.com

Click on: Destinations

Click on: Hawaii

Click on: Itineraries

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

To answer your questions dress will be country club casual and A jacket and tie at dinner is a mark of a gentleman . dress well There will be a formal night and dress well there will be some that distane being an adult... carry your self well

Expect a Medimun casual ship not the equal of Disney or/ Expect a Holiday inn and sizzler or carrows food and you wont be dissapointed

G.R. , MI
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

I also highly recommend Cruise Critic.Com. Go to the "Boards", scroll down til you find NCL, and you will get alot of info. I was looking today and someone had already posted pictures.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
387 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

My husband and I cruised on the Pride of America in December. Compared to other ships we have been on, I would give the itinerary an A+++, but the service and food a C-. Our room was very nice and we had a huge balcony on deck 11.

I would say that a cruise was a great way to see the beautiful islands, but NCL has a lot of work to do. The ship was extremely understaffed and those that did work really needed customer service training. The restaurants often ran out of food items, and even when we made reservations there were waits or cancellations. When we were seated at the Jefferson Bistro we heard from other dines that it was a three-hour meal. My husband told the waiter that he had something special planned for after dinner so we could complete our meal in an hour and a half.

Two excursions that I would highly recommend - 1) Kona Captain Zodiac snorkel tour. A incredible snorkel tour - instead of a large boat, you are on a smaller raft and therefore able to get into some unique areas and the snorkelling in Kona was a lot better than the tour we took in Maui of the Molikini Crater. This was the best snorkel tour we have ever taken. Be prepared for a bumpier ride than the larger boats. 2) Interisland Helicopter tour on Kauai - absolutely amazing. We chose the two-hour option, which included landing at a private waterfall for lunch and a swim. The views were incredible and a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We rented cars at the other locations and followed the advice from the Secrets Revealed books - very valuable information.

We found the dress to be very casual on the ship. My husband wore khakis and a Hawaiian shirt most evenings while I wore sundresses or capris/shirt. Even on the "formal night", we were one of the few couples who actually dressed up for the evening.

We highly recommend a pre-cruise stay at the Marriott Waikiki. It was a very nice hotel - the beds were AMAZING - and there is an NCL office in the lobby where we were able to check in the night before the embarked. It made the boarding process a piece of cake. We also did a post-cruise stay on the North Shore of Oahu in Haleiwa. This was an absolutely wonderful experience in a beachfront cottage. Check out www.turtlebeachrentals.com.

We were very happy that we were able to see all islands and are planning another trip back to the north shore of Oahu this December. Please feel free to email me with any questions - wtgordo@hotmail.com

Sandusky, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

Well, I have kept reading all your posts and have consulted the cruise critic. The have recently posted a review for Pride of Hawaii and it sounds wonderful. If you look further someone has graciously posted picutres. Our firiends went on the Pride of Aloha and the had a great time and loved the ship. So I am ready to go and have a wonderful time with my husband and best friend of 25 years. Your trip is only what you make of it. I am excited. I have booked my excursions and scheduled my vow renewal on the beach, life is good. Thanks for all your responses.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruising NCL's Pride of Hawaii in mid July

My wife and I are going on the Pride of Hawaii for their June 19th voyage along with my 17 year old daughter and her best friend. I have to tell you that in looking at all of the negative food/dining comments for NCL Hawaii I am tempted to bring a bunch of snacks. I guess I am a little nervous but might as well find the best way to enjoy it. My wife and I live on the Big Island and my daughter has come out many times from San Diego but has not had a chance to island hop. We are looking forward to creating some moments and I have no doubt that the lava flowing into the ocean off the coast of Volcanoe on the Big Island will be spectacular. I hope someone writes a review for the June 5th-12th cruise sometime this week.