We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alstonville...
8 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay

My family and I are traveling to Hawaii in December 2006 and after reading reviews on this site I am more confused than ever. I would be interested in some advise from travelers that have stayed in some of the resorts in Waikiki.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Hey confused,

It might be easier to get replys and recommendations if we knew what kind of vacation you are looking to have. What properties are you interested in? What do you plan on doing/seeing? What is confusing you the most that we can try and help with?! Let us know, we're here to help!

Regards,

mrsfuzz

Alstonville...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

I have two small children 5 & 8. My confusion comes from finding a good hotel on Waikiki. There are so many mixed reviews about hotels like Pacific Beach Hotel Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel and more. We don't want to pay huge dollars but want good value and cleanliness. I have stayed Hawaii before at the Ohana Reef Towers in Lewers st and was extremely disappointed. Having my family come this time I dont want them to have the same experience. I want to stay in a hotel that is close to waikiki Beach.

Menifee, California
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Aloha!

How about the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach? It is beachfront, has a great location, GOOD restaurants on-site, and it was recently renovated.

Bryan Brown

BBrown9825@aol.com

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,189 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Resortquest Waikiki Sunset & Resortquest Waikiki Banyon are two decent condos. They are almost next to each other on the Diamond Head end of Waikiki.

Outrigger Reef on the Beach is nice.

This link shows most of the hotels & condos in Waikiki.

www.driveguidemagazines.com/oahu_waikiki.html

Alstonville...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

Has anyone stayed at the Pacific Beach Hotel or the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel? This is where we wanted to stay but have read mixed reviews?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,189 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

Both are good hotels.

The Aston is now called Resortquest Waikiki Beach.

They are both on Kalakaua and although both are across the street, they have an unobstructed view of the beach.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay

Hi from another Aussie !!

Pacific Beach Hotel www.pacificbeachhotel.com

We have been to Hawaii 3 times now over the past 5 years and always stay at Pacific Beach Hotel. We love it, its in a great location right opposite Kuhio Beach & within walking distance to lots of restaurants & IMP. It is clean & comfortable.

The Hotel has 2 towers, The Oceanaruim Tower (38 floors) & The Beach Tower (17 floors). We have only stayed in the Beach Tower which is front tower near the beach. We have stayed in Partial Ocean View room which had a reasonable view, however I would highly recommend the Oceanfront rooms which we have booked ever since. They have a fantastic unobstructed view of the beach and waking up every morning to this is just gorgeous !!! As I said we have never stayed in the Oceanarium Tower, but if you were up on a high floor then you would also get some great views from the Oceanarium Tower rooms.

The rooms are good sized with either king bed or 2 doubles. They have a fridge, room safe (costs a quarter each time you lock it), hairdryer, TV etc inside.

Check out the hotel webiste to see where different rooms are allocated eg. Partial Ocean view, Ocean view etc...

The lifts can be slow, but if your on holidays who cares about time !! LOL

The pool isnt anything to rave about, it is just an ordinary pool, but really when the beach is right across the street you dont seem to use the pool much.

I think they have 3 restaurants (from memory). The Oceanarium is the buffet restaurant with has the big aquarium inside so you watch all the fish & sharks swimming while you are dining. Prices are about the same as what you would pay here for a buffet meal in a big Hotel, but dont just eat at the Hotel as there are some great places to eat in Waikiki eg. Dukes Canoe Club, Hula Grill, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Rock Island Cafe and many many more........

The Hotel also has a spa salon, which I tried last time & had a great pedicure, manicure & massage !!!

There is an ABC Store (not like our ABC stores) in the lobby shops of the Beach Tower. They have these stores on every corner around Waikiki

and they are extremely handy....souvineers, drinks (including alcohol), food, toiletries etc.

Have a great trip and hope some of my info on the hotel helped you !!

Alstonville...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay

Thankyou for your reply. I was hoping that an Aussie could offer some advise. PBH in relation to Waikiki Beach where or how far. This is the second trip for me but the first for my family. Do you always stay at the PBH?

melbourne aust
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay

save your money stay at the royal grove could not be beaten for value

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay

PBH is right opposite Waikiki Beach...the beach (Kuhio Beach) is a nice part of Waikiki beach to swim at, no big waves etc. It is located on the corner of Kalakaua Ave & Liliuokolani St, about 2 blocks down from IMP and the Duke statue heading towards Diamond Head, not far to walk to anything at all.

Yes we always stay at PBH, have done since we started going to Hawaii (booked there again this August our 4th trip)....we like the hotel, it is clean, comfy & the location is great. We have never had a problem with staff or service at PBH which is why we have always gone back. From what I have read in the forums/reviews some people have not liked it for various reasons, but we havent had any faults with PBH.

We have researched Waikiki/Hawaii in general alot for many years, so much so we are avid (almost obsessed - LOL) fans of the place !!

It comes down to personal choice & your budget....but we like PBH