We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii wedding

waterwinnie
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaii wedding

I am helping a friend organise her wedding in october, in Waikiki. We are just not sure where to start, and would appreciate any advice.

Would like a sunset wedding close to our hotel, outrigger Waikiki.... A good photographer, and a casual dinner place for 20 people. There will be young kids, so it has to be relaxed and reasonably

priced.

Any advice on where to go from here? Thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaii wedding

The Hula Grill located in your hotel, the Outrigger Waikiki, offers a private lunch, so the timing for a sunset wedding would not work for you but in case the timing changes. Here is the link to their information www.hulagrillwaikiki.com/static/index.cfm…

Also the Tiki Grill offers dinner options for group dining http://tikisgrill.com/large-parties/

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,439 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaii wedding

Are they planning a beach wedding? What is your idea of "reasonably priced"?

waterwinnie
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaii wedding

Thanks for your response. They would preferably before to be outside as there will be a few kids, and yes, would like to be getting married on the beach at sunset. They don't want "budget" but not over the top pricing either. Their main priority is a very casual feel. Thanks again

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,420 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaii wedding

Aloha,

For a great sunset wedding with a lot of room for everyone, I would check out Magic Island. Fantastic views of Waikiki and Diamond Head to the east and Honolulu to the west.

A wedding in front or nearby the OW is OK, but can be very crowded for the sunset.

Are you locked in to the OW ?

The area next to the Outrigger Reef has more beach and a huge park.

Also, on property is the Kanikapila grill. Nice for the party and Hawaiian music every night.

Keep us posted and good luck

Aloha

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaii wedding

We were married in Hawaii in 2005. Being abroad, the first research I did was on the Official Hawaii Visitors website (www.gohawaii.com). They have a comprehensive list of wedding information including Planners/Coordinators, marriage licensing, honeymoons etc. I browsed through all the wedding planners/coordinators individual websites & packages and from there I contacted the companies for further information. We chose Hawaii Weddings.net (www.hawaiiweddings.net) with Penny & Wayne, they were very professional yet warm & welcoming and incorporated every aspect of detail that we requested. They have several packages available from very casual to the full white wedding! Have a look at their website you may find something in there that suits your price & location.

6. Re: Hawaii wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 14:17