We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort style for family

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
11 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Resort style for family

Hi! We will be staying in Waikiki 7/8-7/11 (pre-cruise) I will be traveling with a senior, a teenager and an infantI am looking for more of a resort. We won't be able to spend hours at the beach because of the baby so I want something on the beach but with great pools and service.

I am looking for something in the 200.00 price range at the most. We won't be geting there till late the 11th.

Hope you have some great Thanks

Jamie

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort style for family

Hilton Hawaiian Village is a resort type village, lots of different types of accommodation choices in various towers however I am unsure of prices. Location right on the beach at the end of the Waikiki strip area. Probably a good 15 min walk into heart of Waikiki.

http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com/

Sheraton Waikiki has recently opened their new superpool, however are still undergoing some lobby & other pool renovations. When they have sale rates, you can get very good prices (last October we paid $199 per room for Oceanfront). Rooms were renovated a couple of years ago, some suites undergoing reno's. Location, right on Waikiki Beach and in heart of Waikiki shopping/restaurant area.

http://www.sheraton-waikiki.com/

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort style for family

Hilton Hawaiian Village is really the only really "resorty" resort on Waikiki beach. The others are all more just nice hotels. I don't know the price range but believe some rooms fit yours.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort style for family

I just took a quick look at Expedia, and cheapest room rate at HHV is showing $199.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,815 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort style for family

Because you have a teen, I would look at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, not my cup of tea because it is a big, Las Vegas style property, but kids like it. If the 'senior' is mobile, the size of the property shouldn't be daunting.

The Outrigger Reef would be a nice place to look at as well and if you can find specials at the Moana Surfrider, that would be my first choice.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort style for family

The amusement-park atmosphere at the Hilton Hawaiian Village would be attractive to the teen. Food costs are very high. It's a massive property, and it takes a little effort to go off-site and explore the rest of Waikiki and Honolulu.

But - for everyone's satisfaction, I'd take a look at the Sheraton Waikiki. Some great rates, on the beach, great views - new super pool. Easy walking to restaurants, shops and public transportation.

Jackson, California
Level Contributor
166 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort style for family

Sheraton Waikiki does have great deals and a great new pool along with a great location!

7. Re: Resort style for family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 05:36