We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic restaurant in waikiki

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
romantic restaurant in waikiki

I am sending my son and new daughter in law on their wedding honeymoon to exciting and romantic Hawaii.doing the luxury oceanfront hotel and even having a limo pick them..For icing on the cake I need help finding a romantic restaurant where they can start their own tradition. Having been to Waikiki countless times we have done alot of the restaurants, just need a new place a special place, with a view, great food and great service!They will land June 8th. Thanks

California
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic restaurant in waikiki

My wife and I have had magical evenings at Orchid's at the Halekulani...be sure to book an outside table at sunset.....

Iowa City
Level Contributor
886 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic restaurant in waikiki

travelsaurus is right-orchids it is,other choices would be, the Surfroom at the Royal Hawaiian,and the Hau Tree Lanai ta the New Otani-all are right at the beach,with beautifulviewof the sunset against the Diamond Head.The food is a liitle better at the first two.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,898 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic restaurant in waikiki

Most romantic restaurant in Honolulu is Michel's at the Colony Surf, second is La Mer at the Halekulani, third is Orchid's at the Halekulani and the same view as Michel's for 60% of the cost is the Hau Tree Lani at the New Otani Kaimana.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: romantic restaurant in waikiki

Our favourite is also Orchids. We had our wedding reception dinner there in 2005 and it has been a tradition ever since when we are back in Hawaii we go for dinner. You cant beat the food, atmosphere & service.....they are all superb :-)

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,218 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: romantic restaurant in waikiki

The veranda restaurant at the Moana Surfrider, the furthest table overlooking the beach, was pretty darn romantic.

Iowa City
Level Contributor
886 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: romantic restaurant in waikiki

In response to Chi Sue's comment on the "Banyan Veranda"-yes,it is romantic-but the food is definitely not comparable to Orchids or Surfroom. I used to like the Banyan Veranda before it was remade as a afternoon tea room-I felt, the food was average,service was also so so,and you would be surrounded with the "high tea crowd". By the way, there is no Banyan veranda any more-it is the Beach House,with strong emphasis on beef-sea food is an after thought.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,218 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: romantic restaurant in waikiki

Sumit, That's why I did not use the name as I realize the hotel is under new ownership just recently.

Thanks for the update, good to know. Suze

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,898 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: romantic restaurant in waikiki

As an aside Suze, the Moana isn't under new ownership, it is still a Starwood property, but it has been rebranded from a Sheraton (Sheraton Moana Surfrider) to a Westin, one of Starwoods upscale brands (Moana Surfrider, a Westin Resort).

Iowa City
Level Contributor
886 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: romantic restaurant in waikiki

You are right-we were there last month-honestly,I could really not see,what "upscaling"they have done-excep[t,new carpet,furniture,and heavenly bed.And yes,they changed Banyan Veranda to a stuffy, Beachhouse restaurant,I liked the old one a lot better. Thanks,

Chateauguay, Quebec
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: romantic restaurant in waikiki

My wife and I went to La Mer as a part of our honeymoon and we absolutely enjoyed it! This is the most romantic restaurant I have enver been to. We had a table, oceanfront with an open venician style door so we can hear the waves and fully appreciate the sunset while eating our 10 courses "menu degustation".

I do not know if you taked your decision already, but you ( or they) should consider this place for their perfect honeymoon diner! The only "negative" thing about this place is the price for sure ( It cost us more thant 400$ with taxes and services) but we felt the food, drinks and service we had there surely worth the money.

At this time ( may 2007) It was the only 5 diamonds restaurant in all Hawaiian Islands and it is located inside the Halekulani Hotel, which also include Orchids restaurant wich seemed also really nice especially the location, but I don't think you can compare both for the food and service.

I hope these informations will help you. You can also go to their website if you want more infos...

http://www.halekulani.com/dining/la_mer/