We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

Iowa
3 posts
Save Topic
Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

I'm lookin for anyone who knows anything about the Pacific Beach Hotel?

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,291 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

Bumping this up for you.

It is located across the street from the beach. It has the wonderful Oceanarium restaurant located there that offers excellent buffets. They have good deals if you book on-line that include a breakfast buffet. Read the reviews and you’ll get a pretty good idea of what it is like.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,778 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

It is a good hotel right across the street from the beach in an area where there are no hotels on the beach side of the street.

Lots of info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

3. Re: Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 16:47
Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

Have stayed at Pacific Beach Hotel 4 times since 2001. We like the Oceanfront rooms in the Beach Tower so you get unobstructed views of the beach (about 7th floor upwards are the best). Rooms are good size, clean and comfortable. The hotel has not had renovations yet so basically what you see on their website is what you will get. They have coin-op laundry facilities which is handy and ABC shop right in the lobby which is very convenient. We have never encountered problems with staff, they have always been very friendly.

Restaurants, there are 3 being Oceanarium, Neptunes & Shogun Japanese. There is also a small cafe outside for coffee's & pastries.

Hotel itself is in great location right opposite Waikiki Beach, easy walking to shops & restarurants and public transport on Kuhio Ave. The hotel is also a major pickup point for bus/coach tours.

My TA reviews about the hotel are on the webiste with pics. If you go back far enough (2006 & 2005) I have posts from those trips as well.

Hope this helps, have a great trip :-)

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

We'll be checking into the PBH in less than a month. While I generally agree with the positive sentiments expressed above, there are recent developments that will have me watching reviews here, and on Travelocity, closely.

Late last year, ownership (HTH Corp.) released the Outrigger group and assumed management; naming the Hotel's Director of Food & Beverage as General Manager. There has also been a fair degree of labor strife that has been detailed in the Media in recent months (links available if anyone interested).

Among additional, possibly worthwhile, mention is that HTH also owns the none-too-highly-regarded Pagoda Hotel.

I've had several rounds of communication with representatives of Pacific Beach and they have been quite reassuring; there seem's to be a well above average "service attitude".

If an update by mid-March would be timely, please advise and I will post comments regarding our stay.

Cananda
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

A mid March update would be very appreciated. I have a reservation at PBH in June and am a little uneasy based on some of the mixed reviews

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

Will-do Eastco (wish us luck).

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

Update: My Wife & I stayed five nights @ PBH - 11th floor/ocean view/Beach Tower - four weeks ago. Only saw one long line at registration desk in numerous observations, the staff was friendly, never had to wait on elevator more than a couple of minutes, the room was clean, updated (very comfy bed) & quiet (much more-so than fronting Kalakaua Ave), the air conditioning was efficient (have had several experiences of less than adequate a/c @ competitors) and @ $160 very reasdonably priced.

Will be making 2009 reservations as soon as we decide on length of stay on North Shore; first repeat visit since the good ole days at Park Shore.

Hope your experience is equally pleasing!

Cananda
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

Thanks Kamaainawannabe, your report makes me feel much better booking PBH for our stay in June

Washington State
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not sure what to think of this hotel ???

We stayed there end of August, early September 2007 and had a very nice time. I would gladly go back. For the price I don't see how you could do much better. I wrote a TA review that you should easily be able to find.