We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near New Era Field for Bills game

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Parking near New Era Field for Bills game

We are driving from Toronto to Buffalo for the Broncos-Bills game on Sept. 24th. We will be staying at Motel 6 in Hamburg. We are not interested in tailgating. Aside from parking at the stadium, are there any parking lots where we can park? I heard Erie Comm. College offers parking. Generally, how early would we need to get to any parking lot to get a parking spot?

Alternatively, does anyone know what uber/taxi cost would be from Motel 6 in Hamburg to the stadium? Finally, this maybe a silly question: but is it easy to get a cab from the stadium?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thnx...

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Parking near New Era Field for Bills game

Yes, I'd recommend parking at the community college. It's pretty easy in and out. I've never heard of it completely filling up, but I could be wrong. I'm usually there early for tailgating. I would definitely recommend parking about an hour early (if you want to see kickoff). It's a bit of a walk to the stadium, and then you have to get through security.

I use the Waze traffic app to determine the best routes to go in and out. It's been pretty accurate in my experience.

If you're really set on avoiding traffic, I'd leave the game with 5 mins left. Enjoy the game, go bills!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Parking near New Era Field for Bills game

The Bills lots open 4 hours before game time (9am)

I am not certain but I think the ECC lot also opens at 9am.

There are Cabs usually lined up out front of the stadium.

If you are staying at the Motel 6 near the Thruway entrance you will be about a 15 minute drive from the stadium - depending on traffic the day of the game. Sometimes its clear sailing and then sometimes everyone is there at the same time

GO BILLS!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Parking near New Era Field for Bills game

Jim, Alan

Thanks for your responses. They were very helpful. Appreciate it!

Edited: 06 September 2017, 17:07
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Parking near New Era Field for Bills game

No problem! Forgot to mention, there's an Uber pickup zone at the stadium, so that should be fairly easy if you decide to do that.

However, given surge pricing, a taxi might be cheaper. Check taxifarefinder.com for an estimate. I unfortunately can't speak to how easy it is to find one however. Liberty Cab is the largest company, if you want to go that route id give them a call and see what they say. Dying for business these days so that might be a more affordable option.

5. Re: Parking near New Era Field for Bills game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2018, 06:17