We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery and restaurant pickup/delivery in Luray?

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
14 helpful votes
Grocery and restaurant pickup/delivery in Luray?
Save

We are coming for a weeklong stay at a cabin in Luray. We've been before so we know it's a small town. But are there any options for grocery pickup or delivery? It's not looking like that's possible at the Food Lion or Walmart. We are hoping to figure something out. Happy to hear about options at small local markets, but we also need some stuff that is probably only at a typical grocery store.

Also looking for suggestions for restaurants doing delivery or curbside pickup, and generally being covid safe. Whatever type of food really, except super fancy stuff. I'm also sorting through the restaurant options on this site. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

5 replies to this topic
Springfield...
Destination Expert
for Fairfax, Washington DC, Alexandria, Williamsburg
Level Contributor
2,988 posts
342 reviews
219 helpful votes
1. Re: Grocery and restaurant pickup/delivery in Luray?
Save

Martin's Groceries (an affiliate of Giant here in Northern Virginia) in Front Royal is doing both curbside pickup and delivery, but you would need to set up an account with them. Your Giant account, if you have one, won't transfer. I'm not sure if they would deliver from Front Royal to Luray, but you could stop in Front Royal on your way down from Arlington. You may be unlikely to find pickup and delivery right in Luray itself.

2. Re: Grocery and restaurant pickup/delivery in Luray?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2020, 02:46

Province of...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
31,222 posts
284 reviews
206 helpful votes
3. Re: Grocery and restaurant pickup/delivery in Luray?
Save

On the Food Lion Luray Website it states they are offering Pick up & Delivery Service, a phone call has confirmed they are not offering this service.

Hopefully they will update their website.

https://www.foodlion.com/stores/va/luray/472/

Kesh_grammy

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
14 helpful votes
4. Re: Grocery and restaurant pickup/delivery in Luray?
Save

Thanks Carol757 and Kesh_grammy! Kesh, that basically happened to me too! I actually filled up a cart so I could be ready to order curbside pickup, and then I noticed it was directing me to a store in NC! I tried and definitely couldn't get it set to the Luray store. Carol, thanks for the tip about Martin's groceries!

If other folks have suggestions, including restaurants, that's great too. We'll be celebrating a birthday and T-Day (just the three of us in our immediate family, no big gatherings), and I've been checking out the restaurants for good options. Don't actually care if it's traditional T-day dinner. Just looking for a couple good meals. It has actually been 7 years since we've been there, so I don't remember specific places.

Province of...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
31,222 posts
284 reviews
206 helpful votes
5. Re: Grocery and restaurant pickup/delivery in Luray?
Save

forsbey,

Luray, for a celebratory dining experience, I will suggest Circa '31 at the Mimslyn Inn, Loved it.... I have enjoyed the Brookside, on Rt 211, Flotzie's Diner & Triple Crown BBQ , all are very tasty.

Kesh_grammy

Edited: 20 November 2020, 04:08
Reply to: Grocery and restaurant pickup/delivery in Luray?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Luray
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.