We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly fishing?

Columbia, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
22 helpful votes
Fly fishing?
Save

I saw a post on Trip Advisor about a fly fishing lesson- called something like Shenandoah Streamers. The post was from 2004 though so I wonder if it is still offered? We are coming to the area in June. (I tried to email the company but the email was ‘undeliverable’. Thanks!

Province of...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
31,224 posts
284 reviews
206 helpful votes
1. Re: Fly fishing?
Save

i see the review from 16 years ago.

Try googling Luray / Shenandoah Valley Fly Fishing, I see quite a few places.

We went many years ago to Blue Stone W.V for fly fishing lessons whilst on the water.

Have had great instruction / casting at the Homestead & the Greenbriar resorts.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
264 reviews
284 helpful votes
2. Re: Fly fishing?
Save

Google "tackle shops" in that area, like Harrisonburg, using their websites to contact them with an email for local activities - they should know.

You could also contact Orvis, the major purveyor of fly tackle in the U.S., for their outlets in that area then contact them also. They would know better, and may even offer the lessons you seek.

Finally, local tourism bureaus should have some contacts as well.

Tight lines, mate!!

Columbia, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Fly fishing?
Save

Thanks!

4. Re: Fly fishing?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2021, 21:40
Get answers to your questions about Luray
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.