We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cell service in the area

9 posts
1 review
cell service in the area
Save

we are considering several cabins on the river between Rillyeville & Luray. While we don't want to tied to our cell phones, but we also don't want to be completely remote in case of an emergency. ce. We were considering Bear Timber (https://shenandoahcabinrentals.com/bear-timbers) or similar cabin in that area, but learned most cabins on the river have no phone service. They have Wifi which is an , but not cell service.

I wanted to ask locals or those who have visited if Verizon and or AT&T can be reached down the by the river. And if not would be better to be higher up to get cell service. We are coming to fish the area and staying 2 nights in Woodstock in a hotel and then considering a few more nights on the river in a cabin.

2 replies to this topic
Province of...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
30,964 posts
283 reviews
206 helpful votes
1. Re: cell service in the area
Save

A T & T Luray, a bit sketchy in SNP. Recommend stay Luray

Edited: 2 years ago
Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
2. Re: cell service in the area
Save

I've stayed on Island Ford Rd along the river, which is not too far away from Rileyville, and had no cell service whatsoever. I had to drive up to US-340 to get it.

Reply to: cell service in the area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Luray
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.