We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bishops Lodge

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
403 posts
9 reviews
Bishops Lodge

Need ALL input on Bishops Lodge. My friend is planning a wedding of about 75 guests. Please give as much info on this place as possible. Thanks so much.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,241 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: Bishops Lodge

Bishop's Lodge is located a few miles outside of Santa Fe and requires either a car or taking the hotel shuttle to get to all the restaurants, shops and sights of Santa Fe. I would also read some of the reviews here on TA, and average out the good and bad.

I know the grounds are beautiful and there is history to the place. Read Willa Cather's Death Comes for the Archbishop about Bishop Lamy who lived on the grounds of what would become Bishop's Lodge.

Hopefully some folks that have stayed there recently will post.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: Bishops Lodge

it is very nice. I wonder if you can arrange the wedding in the chapel that is on the grounds.!

It is actually the original chapel from Bishop Lamy. You really should read Cather's book if you plan to be there.

The location is fabulous, the food good, and the service good. I am sure they do many weddings. The only complaints seem to be about the rooms themselves - small and tired. Read more on TA.

Santa Fe, NM
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Bishops Lodge

if you do the bishops, remember it is slightly out of town (6mi or so), so you cant just walk downtown or anything for amusement, youll basically be there. be sure everyone stays there if drinking, the 2-lane road back into sf will be dangerous in the dark to those unfamiliar with it. they have a shuttle but after a wedding party, hmmmm? bishops is in a very pretty setting, its sf's original resort, belonged to the archbishop 100+ yrs ago. got pool and spa, etc. dont know about the food/catering, havent eaten there. dont know about the rooms, either, but it's big enough that there will be variety, so be clear on what youre getting so nobody feels cheated if someone else has a better view or room. if you dont want to be out of town, consider la posada, they have good wedding services coordinator and its also a resort with pool etc. and is right downtown. its whether you want more rural nm or city center sf.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
403 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Bishops Lodge

Thanks to all. Still doing research and everyones input is so helpful.

5. Re: Bishops Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 06:20