We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for Solo Dining

Dallas
7 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations for Solo Dining

I need to be in Santa Fe for two days and one night--a Sunday. I will be traveling alone. I've been to SF several times, but never alone. I will be staying downtown.

Does anyone have any recommendations for restaurants where a single lady might feel comfortable dining alone? Love pretty much all kinds of food, and am comfortable with anything from simple local dives to pricey foodie havens.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
New Mexico
Geronimo
€€€€, American, International, Contemporary
Sazon
€€€€, Mexican, Latin
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for Solo Dining

There are many, but the first that pops to mind is the Coyote Cafe's rooftop Cantina. They have a bar across the side of the patio where you can have a drink or light meal and sit overlooking Water St. There' a lot of "energy" there, good food, and you might strike up a converstation,too.

www.coyotecafe.com/pages/cantina/about.html

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
746 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for Solo Dining

Additional ideas:

TAke a look at Cafe Pasqual's. We at there a few days ago and it is still good and still fun. A hustling, small, little bit funky, always-busy place. YOu could sit at a two-topper or there is a communal table. If for dinner, be sure to make reservations! If for breakfast or lunch, go at an off-time; otherwise, there will be a line.

pasquals.com

Another idea is El Meson. Wonderful tapas, Spanish chef, my husband and I have been twice and loved it both times. Some nights there is music in the Chispas room. Call to see. If so, that would be a fun option. The dining room would also be comfortable for you. Try the anchovy appetizer. I had two salads Tuesday; both very nice. Make s reservation.

http://www.elmeson-santafe.com/

For very good "fast" food, consider Bumble Bee Grill on Guadalupe. You could eat in, eat outside, or take something back to your room. Everything is good. Be sure to get some roasted tomato salsa. www.bumblebeesbajagrill.com/our_story.html

For breakfast or lunch treat yourself to wonderful French pastries, salads, quiches, and more at Clafoutis on north Guadalupe, just a little north of Bumble Bee on the west side. Authentic French pastries. Macarons better than Laduree's. My husband and I went there three days straight. Delightful!

Also, for breakfast, lunch, or snack, the French Bakery in the La Fonda Hotel, and for dinner, La Plazuela dining room there.

These are all in the Plaza area and easy to walk to. Clafoutis is a few minutes from the Plaza; 7-10 minutes? Worth a few extra steps!

I would feel comfortable alone at all these places.

I'm sure others will have more suggestions. Good luck in making a decision and safe travels.

Mentioned in this post
Cafe Pasqual's
Cafe Pasqual's
3,366 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
El Meson
El Meson
717 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
The Guadalupe Inn
The Guadalupe Inn
197 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Clafoutis
Clafoutis
1,388 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
La Plazuela at La Fonda
La Plazuela at La Fonda
2,161 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,426 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,888 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for Solo Dining

In and around the Plaza area... Check Rio Chama Steakhouse, Ore House, Del Charro, San Francisco Street Bar and Grill, Osteria d'Assisi, Vanessie.

Near the Railyard try Railyard Restaurant, Flying Star, Pranzo.

Mentioned in this post
The Plaza
The Plaza
2,426 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Rio Chama Steakhouse
Rio Chama Steakhouse
422 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Osteria d'Assisi
Osteria d'Assisi
450 Reviews
Santa Fe, NM
Dallas
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for Solo Dining

Thank you everyone----great suggestions!

5. Re: Recommendations for Solo Dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 05:16