We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a holiday home

Louisiana
3 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a holiday home

My family is looking for a home to rent in Santa Fe during Christmas. Our little Louisiana children want to see snow, but the adults don't want the hassle of a ski resort. We are 5 adults and 2 children. Probably want to be as close to the Plaza as possible, but will hava a rental car. Any suggestions? The hotels look wonderful, but feel like a property with a kitchen and living area suits our needs better for the holiday.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,383 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a holiday home

Hard to predict if we will have snow in town, but the mountains will and the SF Ski area is about 30 minutes from the Plaza.

Check with Kokopelli Management for some vacation rentals www.kokoproperty.com or Otra Vez www.otravezensantafe.com . Also plenty of places on VRBO.

Visit www.santafe.org for even more ideas.

Enjoy planning!

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a holiday home

You might try Zona Rosa Condos. They are very close to the plaza and affiliated with the Eldorado Hotel so you get to use their amenities. -DM

New Mexico
Level Contributor
877 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a holiday home

Zona Rosa is no longer with the Eldorado Hotel. It is part of the Las Palomas Hotel. Renovated in the last year, they are beautiful.

http://zonarosasuites.com/

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a holiday home

Thanks for the clarification on Zona Rosa. Los Palomas does a great job, nice to know they took over. -DM

Louisiana
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a holiday home

Thanks so much. I just looked at their web-site; my husband and I loved the location and the rooms with fireplaces. Best of all, the price is right! I will call tomorrow and make a reservation.

las vegas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a holiday home

The Chapelle Street Casitas are the closest rentals to the Plaza. In fact they are in the plaza.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,383 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a holiday home

Actually they are not on the Plaza, but very close walking distance (approximately 1/4 mile or less walking)

8. Re: Looking for a holiday home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 05:18