We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber vs. Lyft

NY
Level Contributor
79 posts
23 reviews
Uber vs. Lyft

Any preferences for use while visiting San Antonio? I've never used either, but will need to during an upcoming trip.

Thanks.

13 replies to this topic
Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
7,049 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Uber vs. Lyft

Many drivers drive for both services. I have found there to be no difference. I check both apps and choose the one nearest unless there is a significant difference in fare which is unusual.

In my experience it is six of one, half a dozen of the other.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Uber vs. Lyft

A lot drive for both, but more drive for Uber, thus most of the time quicker to get a ride with Uber.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
777 reviews
3. Re: Uber vs. Lyft

If I had to pick just one I would go with Uber, not better than Lyft but more drivers generally means less time waiting. Get both on your phone and let us know what your experience is.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,351 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Uber vs. Lyft

Sometimes they can have different pricing. I've seen Uber with surge pricing while Lyft doesn't. This was in Dallas, but still....

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,636 posts
659 reviews
5. Re: Uber vs. Lyft

They are virtually the same, just a matter of preference.

NY
Level Contributor
79 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: Uber vs. Lyft

Thanks for the info!

7. Re: Uber vs. Lyft

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 May 2018, 05:34

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,636 posts
659 reviews
8. Re: Uber vs. Lyft

When are you going?

9. Re: Uber vs. Lyft

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2018, 14:59

NY
Level Contributor
79 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: Uber vs. Lyft

June 1st-8th

Reply to: Uber vs. Lyft
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted