We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage on Amtrak from Providence to NY Penn

Dubai
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Luggage on Amtrak from Providence to NY Penn

Hi, I am looking to book a train (Most likely Northeast Regional) from Providence to NY Penn on 27th July (Friday) evening. There are 3 of us and each will carry suitcases with the size (50 lbs and 28x22x14 in) specified in the Amtrak website. Wanted to know if there are ground level luggage racks at the begining or end of coach or business class compartments as I doubt these suitcases will fit inside the overhead racks. Thanks in advance for your help.

3 replies to this topic
Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: Luggage on Amtrak from Providence to NY Penn

Yes,there are always ground level areas in the business class cars.......should be no problem for you as your train will start in Boston so there will not be a lot of passengers at this point (most likely)

I am not sure about the regular cars because i always use business class for work travel.

Edited: 18 June 2018, 12:55
Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Luggage on Amtrak from Providence to NY Penn

Yes, luggage areas are there... depending on the capacity, you might have to do the car next door, but a conductor will certainly help you out...

Also, sit on the left hand side on the way to NYC for nice views.....

Edited: 18 June 2018, 16:40
Dubai
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Luggage on Amtrak from Providence to NY Penn

Great thank you for your helpful comments. Really appreciate it.

Reply to: Luggage on Amtrak from Providence to NY Penn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted