We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can i bicycle around Providence?

Kansas City, Kansas
8 posts
can i bicycle around Providence?

hi. i am planning a getaway this summer. Providence seems more affordable than some other places.

Can I get by without a car? I have fantasy's of riding my bike and eating seafood and smelling salt air. How long can a person be entertained here

7 replies to this topic
Hope, RI
Level Contributor
204 posts
1. Re: can i bicycle around Providence?

You can bicycle around Providence but I'm not sure you would be able to fulfill your fantasy. You may have a better chance in Newport.

Kansas City, Kansas
8 posts
2. Re: can i bicycle around Providence?

thank you. I am looking there. I will enjoy the city of Providence as well for a few days

Level Contributor
478 posts
3. Re: can i bicycle around Providence?

Providence has some hills and lots of cobblestones. You really can walk to much everywhere in the city, or a short uber ride...ferry, bus or drive to Newport, fun biking there.

Edited: 15 March 2018, 03:23
Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: can i bicycle around Providence?

Yeah, you need to really be in Newport to smell the ocean. Both towns are great and similar with the cobblestones. Prov is wicked hilly and Newport is very flat. Another option is to stay in Prov and take the fantastic bike path that starts in Prov and goes out to Bristol. About 15 miles one way, very flat, well managed, places to stop along the way and Bristol will have your ocean air you are looking for.

Kansas City, Kansas
8 posts
5. Re: can i bicycle around Providence?

thank you. i like this idea

Kansas City, Kansas
8 posts
6. Re: can i bicycle around Providence?

thank you

Kansas City, Kansas
8 posts
7. Re: can i bicycle around Providence?

thank you

Reply to: can i bicycle around Providence?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted