We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoiding College Spring Break Crowds

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
164 posts
12 reviews
Avoiding College Spring Break Crowds

Hi,

Our family is considering going to Corpus Christi for Spring Break ( March 9th- 16th) and I've been researching some of the beach areas. Should we avoid South Padre Island if we do not want to be right in the middle of the party zone? We are not familiar with the area, and we are looking to rent a house or condo with a nice pool on the beach. Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Avoiding College Spring Break Crowds

Not sure what your question is pertaining to Corpus Christi. South Padre Island is 3 hours from Corpus Christi. Can you add some clarification please.

Where exactly are you looking to rent? Spring Break crowds here can be pretty crazy as that week is Texas' Spring Break week as well. It may be tempered here because of the ongoing efforts to rebuild after Hurricane Harvey. Many may be focusing on South Padre Island instead this year making North Padre a better place to visit. This is only speculation on my part.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Avoiding College Spring Break Crowds

SPI will be a zoo and its nowhere near CC. Port A will be crowded. I would suggest it you want peace and quite (no Crowds drive to PINS) and stay either downtown or out on the island.

Reply to: Avoiding College Spring Break Crowds
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Corpus Christi