We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will we see whales on the ferries?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
61 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Will we see whales on the ferries?

We are taking ferries from Anacortes to Friday Harbor, Friday Harbor r/t to Orcas Island, Friday Harbor to Sidney, Victoria to Port Angeles and Baiinbridge to Seattle. This is all within an 12 day trip. Should I expect to see some whales on these trips, or do I need to book a whale watching tour?

Also, do you think this is moving around too much/too much time spent queing up and travelling on the car ferries:

Seattle 2 nights

Friday Harbor 3 nights with a day trip to Orcas

Victoria 2 nights

Port Angeles 3 nights

Seattle 1 night

Fly home

I have never been to the Seattle area at all.

Thanks for thoughts from the experts!

Mentioned in this post
Anacortes
Anacortes
Fidalgo Island, WA
Friday Harbor
Friday Harbor
San Juan Island, WA
Orcas Island
Orcas Island
San Juan Islands, WA
Sidney
Sidney
Vancouver Island, Canada
Victoria
Victoria
Vancouver Island, Canada
Port Angeles
Port Angeles
Washington
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,271 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Will we see whales on the ferries?

I do not like staying in Port Angeles. If it were me I would stay in the Forks area. If eating out is important stay the whole time in PA. If you are like me and can never get enough sunsets at Rialto Beach and spending the night sitting around a campfire in the evening spend your first night at one of few nice places near Forkd. Have you said when this visit is and is it just two of you.

Mentioned in this post
Port Angeles
Port Angeles
Washington
new jersey
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Will we see whales on the ferries?

you just made me laugh out loud! Thank. :)

13. Re: Will we see whales on the ferries?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2017, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Port Angeles