We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

royal victorian motel

Which Port Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
royal victorian motel

any comments about this place that i should know about

distance to victoria ferry??

Friday Harbor...
Destination Expert
for San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
1,014 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: royal victorian motel

We made the mistake of staying there once and I would never do so again. Way, way too noisy and *right next* to the highway. We could almost touch the trucks and cars as they zoomed by as only a narrow sidewalk separated the room from the roadway. And inside it was like a un-remodeled motel 6 but the prices were much higher than that.

If you want something less expensive in Port Angeles we both thought Port Angeles Downtown Hotel was far superior. The room was much less than RV and it seemed much cleaner and well kept up. Some rooms have a shared bathroom if you really want to save money. Much quieter also, which is something important to me to get a decent night's sleep. And it closer to the ferry landing too which you say you want.

Edited: 28 June 2011, 23:29
Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,104 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: royal victorian motel

Obviously, since I live here, I have not had occasion to stay at the Royal Victorian. Perhaps it is a palace inside. However, the outside looks like a dump. It is in a bad location right on the road, as Drifting Cloud has said. You cannot walk to anywhere from this motel.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: royal victorian motel

thank you both -- i guess i should just stop looking and stick with the super 8 -----its just for 1 nite til we catch the ferry in the am

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: royal victorian motel

kaleberg

what inexpensive motel would you suggest for the one nite -or should i just stick with the super 8

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
for Victoria, Port Angeles
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: royal victorian motel

hi lougee, it's not clear whether you are walking on or driving onto the Coho ... if the former then you want to be downtown. If you are driving then you will want to make a reservation (unless you cannot predict when you will be travelling), so have a wider area of choice for overnight accommodation.

by the way, the map shows two ferry routes to Victoria, but in fact there is only one now, as Blackball bought out the Victoria Express service and now runs it as a tour operation.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: royal victorian motel

tennisjazz

hi lougee, it's not clear whether you are walking on or driving onto the Coho ... if the former then you want to be downtown. If you are driving then you will want to make a reservation (unless you cannot predict when you will be travelling), so have a wider area of choice for overnight accommodation.

need the pa room for the nite of the 17th - we are driving -- and i have my reservation for the for the blackball ferry as well as my res at the english inn which is right around the block from the friends we are visiting

not looking to spend big bucks for the one nite in pa -- should i just stick with the super 8 or do you have a better suggestion

Victoria, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: royal victorian motel

Travellers' reviews are probably your best guide. I haven't stayed at

sup[er 8 but am a fan of Quality Inn ... see if they are in same ballpark and/or can match Super 8 price :-)

Edited: 29 June 2011, 20:01
Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: royal victorian motel

what about holiday plaza in swquim compared to super 8

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: royal victorian motel

am a fan of Quality Inn ... see if they are in same ballpark and/or can match Super 8 price :-)>>>

just called directly --- they are about 40 bucks more then super 8 and i just cant see spending that much more money for one nite -- thanks for the suggestion

10. Re: royal victorian motel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Port Angeles