We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choice of hotel,Birding and cloths to wear for coming Easter

London - The city I...
Level Contributor
202 posts
22 reviews
Choice of hotel,Birding and cloths to wear for coming Easter

This is my first experience in Cloud Forest Mindo and I want to get it as right as possible .

I am trying to decide between hotels , Coffee Lodge Spa and Las Terrazas De Dana Lodge and I need advice . Also what cloths to wear to manage or bring with me just in case . Any recommendations for English speaking birding guide and how better to arrange it direct or through the hotel.

2 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Choice of hotel,Birding and cloths to wear for coming Easter

Did you make a decision yet?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,342 posts
101 reviews
2. Re: Choice of hotel,Birding and cloths to wear for coming Easter

Assuming you've read the reviews for these lodges, it's really your call. Why would a single reference on the forum be more decisive than all the reviews? I always read the negative ones to see if there is anything that would be a true no-go (ignoring the whiny ones).

As for clothing, the highlands are chilly at night, warmer during the day, though if you're in shaded forest it will still be chilly. Layers are the way to go.

I have personally used Irman Arias as a guide and can highly recommend. His brother Marcelo is also very well regarded. Either should be booked in advance. I've read good recs for a woman named Julia Patino also.

Reply to: Choice of hotel,Birding and cloths to wear for coming Easter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mindo
More Mindo Topics