We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from Airport to Mindo Hotel

London - The city I...
Level Contributor
202 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from Airport to Mindo Hotel

Arriving at Quito Airport at about 5 PM . Planning to take a taxi straight to my hotel in Mindo

cost and an idea about how long I will take to get there .

3 replies to this topic
Los Alamos, New...
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from Airport to Mindo Hotel

Mindo seems pretty far for a taxi. I think what you are really looking for is a private driver. Prices will vary based on vehicle used, etc but you can estimate it to be around $20/hour. Don't forget to factor in the driver's return time too. You are probably looking at around $80 to $100 for this transfer.

Mindo
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from Airport to Mindo Hotel

Hello,

Taxis from the airport to Mindo generally are 70-100 dollars. If you like a taxi can be sent to the airport to pick you up and that way they will know exactly where to take you in Mindo. The price will be the same. Ask your hostel or wherever you are staying to arrange a taxi to pick you up at the airport. That is what we do with our guests. I feel much better if I know who our guests are riding with and that they will have no trouble finding us. Also, the driver will wait inside the airport to pick you up.

Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help you with,

Barbara

El Quetzal de Mindo

Mindo Chocolate

Mountain View...
Level Contributor
35 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from Airport to Mindo Hotel

Ask your hotel or bird guide to arrange for you. I had a birding tour with Irman Macias and he arranged a ride to Mindo for $90 for 3 people.

Edited: 24 June 2018, 04:15
Reply to: Taxi fare from Airport to Mindo Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mindo
More Mindo Topics