We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby Saturday evening restaurant

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
168 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Nearby Saturday evening restaurant

We will be driving this weekend from Wareham Mass to New Bedford. We are looking for a restaurant near New Bedford for a middle aged couple good for a Saturday evening, not necessarily fancy but good food. I tried to find a winery to stop at in the afternoon along the way but can't seem to find any. The closest I could find is Travessia in New Bedford or Running Brook in North Dartmouth. Are there any between New Bedford and Wareham? Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearby Saturday evening restaurant

Hi, you know New Bedford is only about 15 miles from Wareham, right? and North Dartmouth is only 3 miles from New Bedford? A good restaurant in that general vicinity is the Back Eddy in Westport.

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
168 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearby Saturday evening restaurant

Yeah, I guess I was a little off in my mileage. Thanks. We are heading to Newport Sunday morning for the Mansions and that's what I was thinking about. Will check out the place for dinner you suggested. Thanks so much.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearby Saturday evening restaurant

There are no winery's between Wareham and New Bedford. There is one located in Westport which at most is 20 minutes from New Bedford.

http://www.westportrivers.com/

For dinner may I suggest Margaret's in Fairhaven if you like seafood or The Pasta House in Fairhaven if you like Italian. You can't go wrong with either place. Both are fantastic and reasonable in price. There has been a recent review in our local newspaper for the Back Eddy and it is pretty pricey and a long way to get out there. There is a new addition to dining on the New Bedford waterfront. It's called the Black Whale. I have not been there myself but several co-workers have and said it was great. Please let me know if I can help you further.

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
168 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearby Saturday evening restaurant

Why thank you. With the rain forecast tomorrow our plans may change but I did have the first Fairhaven restaurant you mentioned listed.

Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
168 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearby Saturday evening restaurant

We went to Margarets for dinner. It was fantastic. Thanks for the recommendation.

Reply to: Nearby Saturday evening restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Bedford
More New Bedford Topics