We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Bedford 1st weedend in October

cleveland
Level Contributor
36 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
New Bedford 1st weedend in October

We will be in New Bedford for the 1 st weekend in October. Is there more to do than museums?

28 replies to this topic
New Bedford...
11 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: New Bedford 1st weedend in October

Glad i could be of service to you. And its ok you only have a weekend here, get a feel for the city....once you come here...i have a feeling you will come back......we are here all year round and it gets better with each passing year. So feel free to stop by here anytime.....

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: New Bedford 1st weedend in October

Hope you're checking out the Chowder Festival today. Please let us know how you enjoyed your stay.

cleveland
Level Contributor
36 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: New Bedford 1st weedend in October

Forum members; I just got back from the weekend in New Bedford. First, thanks for the Friday and Saturday weather. Next, thank you all for your suggestions. Highlights were, Whaling Museum, Seaman's Bethel, Ft. Phoenix, Antonio's.

We also enjoyed and trip to Round Hill Beach and the architecture walk on County Rd. I did try the "chiurico a boniflero", it was great (I could hear my doctor crying). I have reviewed the restaurants and sights. The people at the National Park office are very friendly a good asset. If I were a city planner, I would try to create a few "pocket parks" in the downtown area. I was a fun weekend with lots to do. Thank you all.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: New Bedford 1st weedend in October

Glad you came back to tell us about your trip. I love Round Hill. Great beach but you have to be a resident of Dartmouth to get in there in the summer. Did you stay on the waterfront? If so, how was the construction noise?

cleveland
Level Contributor
36 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: New Bedford 1st weedend in October

We were gone all day and the work was not at night---so, no problem.

Level Contributor
4 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: New Bedford 1st weedend in October

Great that you had such a good time. There's a lot of surprising history at Round Hill. There was an airport there, a blimp hangar and a radio station there in the 20s and 30s. Also the Charles W. Morgan whale ship was docked there for a time. Also glad you enjoyed the chourico. Come back soon!

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: New Bedford 1st weedend in October

Downtown New Bedford now has an urban park. It was just completed this past week.

New Bedford...
11 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: New Bedford 1st weedend in October

Ya the park is nice.....so is wings court....but I hope they don't build anymore parks! The ones we have are perfect, now we must focus on more jobs and housing on what land is left available! Specifically in the downtown area, and the more urban parts of the city!

Reply to: New Bedford 1st weedend in October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Bedford
More New Bedford Topics