We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near ferry

Atlanta
Level Contributor
4 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near ferry

We are taking a ferry to Nantucket and need to stay overnight in New Bedford night before we depart. Can anyone recommend a Marriott, Marriott Courtyard, or Hampton Inn that's not far? Our ferry leave early.

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
16,512 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near ferry

There's a Fairfield Inn & Suites right at the terminal. I think that's a Marriott family member.

Closest Hampton Inn is across the bridge in Fairhaven, although Hampton is Hilton

Residence Inn isn't much further away.

You can go to Google Maps and put in the ferry terminal and then click the Nearby Button and pick Hotels. That's how I found the above

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near ferry

Fairfield Inn and Suites is in walking distance to the ferry terminal and downtown New Bedford. Lots of really nice restaurants in the downtown area. There is a decent Hampton Inn in Fairhaven. Only 10 minutes away. You will have to pay to park in the lot at the ferry terminal if you are staying at the Hampton. Nothing outrageous but if you are using Fairfield Inn as a base, you can just leave your car there. Both are good choices. If you are staying at the Fairfield Inn, ask them for the harbor side, not the Route 18 side.

New Bedford...
Level Contributor
211 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near ferry

I would recommend staying at the Fairfield Inn in New Bedford. Literally walk across the street and you are at the Ferry terminal. Also, Downtown New Bedford is awesome and a great place to walk around and find some good food! (Try Whaler's Tavern)

Reply to: Hotels near ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Bedford
More New Bedford Topics