We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free restaurant?

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
453 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten free restaurant?

Are there any gluten free restaurant in New Bedford?

5 replies to this topic
Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free restaurant?

Some restaurants will have Gluten free options but there is no restaurant that I know of that makes that their main objective. If you will be in the downtown area, there are several restaurants. Maybe taking a look at their menu's online may help you. If you need a list of restaurants, let me know.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free restaurant?

These are all downtown. I Googled gluten free restaurants in New Bedford and these came up. There is also a thread here on Trip Advisor. They are all good. Brick Pizzeria, Freestones. Destination Soups, Tia Maria's European Cafe, and The Black Whale on the waterfront.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
24,078 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten free restaurant?

In Massachusetts all restaurant employees go through some sort of allergy training and there are generally one or two people at each site that have had advanced training. If you ask about a gluten allergy, you should be able to get valid, educated answers. Do not hesitate to ask. All restaurants tell you to "inform your server if anybody in your party has food allergies".

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten free restaurant?

thanks for the info.

Boston...
Level Contributor
190 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten free restaurant?

There is a Not Your Average Joes on Rte 6. We have eaten at many of the small chain's locations and not gotten sick. They have great GF rolls if you ask.

Reply to: Gluten free restaurant?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about New Bedford
More New Bedford Topics