We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 people to Maui

Which Wailea hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
44 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
10 people to Maui

5 50 somethings and their 5 young adult children are traveling to Maui in May. Looking for sun and fun. Budget: 1000 per night for the group. What would be the best location? Villa or condo help would be appreciated.

Spokane
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 people to Maui

Have you been to Maui b4? We enjoy South Maui & here's link to very upscale luxury villa in Wailea. It's a 3 bdrm/3.5 bath that will sleep up to 10. We have dreamed of staying here, but it's a little overkill for 2...lol. Here's the new website, rate during your period is $695 per night.

http://hooleiwaileabeach.com/#rates

The pros will have other & probably better options but ya gotta start somewhere :-)

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
44 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 people to Maui

Thanks for your help. Only 2 of 10 have been to Maui so we were unsure where to stay on the island. Each location seems to have advantages. The group is active and might like some night life to keep some of the group occupied. Feeling pressure to book quickly so we can lock in flights for the group. Trying to visit Maui and Kauai during the 8 days on Hawaii. Thanks again.

Spokane
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 people to Maui

you're welcome. Don't think 8 days is enough to do 2 islands. Better to spend all 8 on Maui (I'm biased). Maui not a giant nightlife kind of place but would make Kauai look like Vegas. With link I gave you are across street from Grand Wailea & have privileges there. Just down the road is the Shops at Wailea & alot going on in Kihei short drive away (5 mins).

Curious what the pros say...Kaanapali area being close to Lahaina would have a little more "action" but I'm not as familiar with units in that area as Momma & SWMarket...I'm sure they'll help you.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 people to Maui

Good morning, we love the west side. Take a look at Honua Kai, Westin Ocean Resort Villas and Maui Kaanapali Villas for openers. All are on the quieter North side of Black Rock on Kaanapali Beach with easy access to Whaler's Village and Lahaina for dining, shopping and a little nightlife. The Westin and the Maui Kaanapali Villas offer free shuttles to both. You might also look at the Kapalua Villas in May, a little further North but a gorgeous area.

We are a family of 8 and we have a 2 bedroom lock-off at the Westin and it's great. You might be better off with 3 1 bedrooms or a couple of lock-offs.

Have fun planning...snorkeling should be great in May!

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
44 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 people to Maui

Thank you for your suggestion of the west side. Maui looks amazing so we are very excited to spend some time on this beautiful island. What is a lock-off?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,929 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 people to Maui

A 2 bed-room lockoff consists of a true 1 bedroom unit with a full kitchen, living area with sofa bed and private bedroom connected to a studio unit with a queen bed and sofa bed, this side has a kichenette. Both sides have washer/dryers. http://www.westinkaanapali.com/

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 people to Maui

how many bedrooms will you need?

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
19,996 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 people to Maui

I know I would prefer some separation, rather than all being in one house! How would you want to divide up? You could all rent condos in one complex.

This site has almost every lodging in Hawaii, showing aerial views and providing reviews of the properties: www.wizardpub.com

You might get a 'break' on several condos while renting via a real estate company or vacation rental agency. In West Maui look at Chase 'n Rainbows. In South Maui, look at Bello Realty.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
4,864 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 people to Maui

With only 8 nights, stick with one island. I would also suggest Maui or Oahu, especially with your group numbers. Logistics would be a nightmare trying to hop to another island. Actually, because of transportation , I Oahu would rank above Maui if I were were leading a group of that size.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
44 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 people to Maui

We are looking for 5 bedrooms or 4 with a pullout sofa or two.