We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning our day in Lexington-Concord

Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Need help planning our day in Lexington-Concord

Hi -

I have read posts and look at the things to do section and still feel like I don't know how to plan the day to take in as many sights as possible so I am seeking help. We will drive into the area in the morning (coming from Marblehead so will have a car). We are hoping to hit the major sights as part of an American History tour for our 11 yr old daughter. So top priority are the key revolution sights but if time obviously would like to see as much as possible. We will be staying the night in the area.

I would love to have suggestions like for example - start at visitor center see film, then go to X, next y, etc.... THANKS!!

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,152 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning our day in Lexington-Concord

Minuteman National Park in Lincoln, stop at the Visitor Center and see the film. If it is nice out, take a walk through the park and see Hartwell Tavern, the Paul Revere Capture site, etc. then, head to downtown Concord . Visit the Concord Museum, Orchard House and then into downtown for lunchDrive a minute or two to the Old North Bridge, the Old Manse and walk up the hill to the other Visitor Center for nice views. Then, if you still have time, drive to Lexington to see Battle Green and the the tavern and two other Colonial houses open to the public.

This assumes that your visit is in spring, summer or fall when the visitor centers and houses are open.

This is too much to do and see in one day, but gives you an idea of all there is to do and see in the area.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help planning our day in Lexington-Concord

Be sure to see the Old North Bridge, it should not be missed. There are historical sights that are not about the Revolution but worth considering. The Alcott House is good, if your daughter read Little Women. If you are in Concord Center, peek inside the Colonial Inn, or get lunch there. It's old, and looks it in an appealing way. If you have time, use the car to go to Walden Pond nearby.

Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help planning our day in Lexington-Concord

Thanks! I think I worked it out. We definitely plan on seeing Battle Green , Minuteman visitor center film, Hartwell Tavern, Revere Capture place, Orchard House, Old North Bridge and dinner at Colonial Inn.

4. Re: Need help planning our day in Lexington-Concord

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2016, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Concord