We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concord closings on Columbus Day?

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
334 posts
42 reviews
Concord closings on Columbus Day?

Hello:

I will be in Concord on Columbus Day and was wondering if the authors' homes changed their hours on that day. I know the Emerson House and Wayside are always closed on Monday's, but I was wondering if I would have trouble at The Old Manse, Alcott House, Sleepy Hollow, North Bridge and Concord Museum. I can't find any special notices for this day on their websites, but I was hoping a local could give me the final answer.

Thanks so much,

Strandfan

2 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,385 posts
168 reviews
1. Re: Concord closings on Columbus Day?

Tourist attractions don't normally close on Columbus Day; everything affiliated with the Minute Man National Historic Park is open that day including the North Bridge (which doesn't actually "close") The cemetery is open, too.

www.nps.gov/mima/planyourvisit/hours.htm

The grounds of the Old Manse are open, but the House is closed on Mondays however you can pre-book a tour year-round, 7 days a week.

thetrustees.org/places-to-visit/…

By the "Alcott House" I am assuming you are referring to Louisa May's house, which is called Orchard House; that is open 10:30 - 4:30.

The Concord Museum is open 9 - 5.

Edited: 24 September 2015, 05:59
Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
334 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Concord closings on Columbus Day?

Great; thank you, Kendrick

Reply to: Concord closings on Columbus Day?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Concord