We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber in Concord?

The Lone Star State
Level Contributor
63 posts
41 reviews
Uber in Concord?

Does Uber operate in Concord? I want to arrive in Concord from Boston at the Concord station. I’d like to visit the historical sites around the area & wonder if Uber is an option. I don’t mind walking, but I’ve been there before & recall some of the sites were spread out. Plus it might be raining that day.

Thanks!

Best Seller
Boston in One Day Sightseeing Tour
812 Reviews
from US$79.00*
American History Tour: Cambridge...
312 Reviews
from US$56.00*
Special Offer
Go Boston Card
138 Reviews
from US$57.00*
US$60.00
8 replies to this topic
Boston...
Level Contributor
22,456 posts
693 reviews
1. Re: Uber in Concord?

Yes.

You can check the app at any time to see what the wait times might be.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,437 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Uber in Concord?

Also google for local taxi companies and save the phone numbet

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,710 posts
133 reviews
3. Re: Uber in Concord?

Someone who posted here commented on how inconvenient it was when they used uber to see sights in Concord and Lexington, there was a lot of waiting involved. I doubt there are many uber drivers in Concord.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
68 reviews
4. Re: Uber in Concord?

Yeah I had commented on the inconvenience of Uber when we trained it out to Concord. Not very convenient for the most part. But it does work. We waited 20-30 minutes for each ride. But it did get us from The station to Walden and back, then out to Minuteman and back to the Station. Next time we’ll drive ourselves.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,227 posts
217 reviews
5. Re: Uber in Concord?

Are you visiting in the summer? There is also the Liberty Trolley that runs from Lexington to Concord and stops at Minuteman National Park in between.

The Lone Star State
Level Contributor
63 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: Uber in Concord?

We will be there in late Sept. I want to take the train & avoid having to rent a car in Boston.

The Lone Star State
Level Contributor
63 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Uber in Concord?

Good idea!

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
1 review
8. Re: Uber in Concord?

You're correct that sites in/around Concord are pretty spread out. And generally the walk between them is boring so even if you were up for walking the distances you probably wouldn't enjoy it and end up wasting a lot of time.

A bike would definitely be a viable option though. I don't know if anyone rents appropriate bikes in Concord but if you'd be interested in that have a look around.

I know ATA Cycles, which is right across the street from the train stop, does rent bikes. But that shop focuses on high end race bikes and I don't know if they rent anything appropriate for just getting around Concord in a relaxed manner.

Reply to: Uber in Concord?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Concord