We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Boston to Concord

Birmingham, Alabama
2 posts
Getting from Boston to Concord

I'm flying into Boston, but staying in Concord for a workshop. I won't have a car, and I plan to take the MBTA train to Concord. So here's my question: how do I get from the train station to the colonial inn? I'd walk, but I don't want to drag luggage all over town. Are cabs or uber cars readily available, or do I need to try to schedule a cab ahead of time? I'll be arriving on a Sunday, if that makes a difference. Any help would be appreciated!!

6 replies to this topic
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,283 posts
217 reviews
1. Re: Getting from Boston to Concord

No, there definitely will not be any cabs waiting at the Concord commuter rail station. I would absolutely schedule one in advance. I have a colleague who has taken Uber from nearby Acton to Concord, so that is an option as well. It is about a 20 minute walk to the Colonial Inn, if all else fails.

Birmingham, Alabama
2 posts
2. Re: Getting from Boston to Concord

Thank you!! I don't mind a walk, generally, but I don't relish the idea of dragging my luggage all the way:)

Boston...
Level Contributor
23,075 posts
729 reviews
3. Re: Getting from Boston to Concord

You will first have to get yourself to North Station (Green/Orange lines) or Porter Square (Red Line) to catch the train to Concord (Fitchburg branch of the Commuter Rail (Purple). Silver Line bus from the terminal to South Station and then down the stairs to Red Line (to Porter) would probably be easiest, and free.

From Porter to Concord is a Zone 5 fare, so $9.25/ride. Do check out the weekend schedule, that train runs only every 2-2.5 hours or so.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
133 reviews
4. Re: Getting from Boston to Concord

You might also look at the 76 bus that goes from Hanscom field on the Concord/Lexington line to Alewife on the Red Line subway in Cambridge. It would possible broaden your scheduling options. You would still need a cab or uber to the Colonial Inn.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,218 posts
80 reviews
5. Re: Getting from Boston to Concord

It wouldn't be a bad walk at all unless it's rainy. I would try uber first. If that doesn't yield any rides ( it will) you could call the inn and ask if they could fetch a cab for you. If they have any sense they will just come lick you up.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,218 posts
80 reviews
6. Re: Getting from Boston to Concord

Or you could just take a cab from Logan.

Reply to: Getting from Boston to Concord
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Concord