We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on I-75 on our way to Florida.

ontario
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel on I-75 on our way to Florida.

Hi, we'll be driving to florida from ontario,canada.We want a decent hotel for the night.Could anyone make any recommendation ????pls

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on I-75 on our way to Florida.

Hey manetee,

If you don't mind on what day of the week you plan to stay and price range? For how many? If is only for sleeping night, to me after you pass downtown and the airport there is plenty of hotels selections with nearby restaurants.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,616 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on I-75 on our way to Florida.

There are plenty of hotels north of the city and south of the city. Just depends on where you want to stop. I suggest the Kennesaw area north and the Hampton/McDonough area south of the city. Let us know more of specifics and will be glad to help.

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on I-75 on our way to Florida.

I've had good luck with Priceline for hotels ranging from 1*- 3* in the North Atlanta (Marietta) area and in Macon (south of Atlanta). LaQuinta was one of the 2 1/2 - 3* hotels I got in the Macon area for a very reasonable price. There are also many motels just south of the beltway (I-285) in small towns near Atlanta. When traveling south on a weekday, I like to stop south of Atlanta so as to avoid rush hour traffic coming into the city--traveling north, I prefer to stay north of I-285.

ontario
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on I-75 on our way to Florida.

Thankyou all for the info.Yeah we just need it for shower and sleep.We're planning to get up early the next morning (4a.m) to Orlando.We'll be there the evening of 24th Dec. to be in Orlando for christmas day.Guess its better to stay south of Atlanta to avoid the traffic.But i supposed the traffic will be bad in Atlanta for the 24thdec.

Thanks again e'ryone!!

Have a happy holidays!!!!

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel on I-75 on our way to Florida.

IMO traffic in Atlanta is always horrific! But you can use the carpool lane on I75/85 going through the city rather than the bypass (which to me is just as bad as going straight through); but watch signs because there is one place when the carpool lane looks like an exit ramp that separates somewhat from the other lanes--I can't recall where this is exactly but you'll see it if you're looking for the signs.

If you're willing to do lower-end budget motels, there are numerous Motel 6 motels in several small towns just south of Atlanta. The last time I went to Florida, I stayed in one (don't recall which of the towns, but if you Google "Motel 6" and pull up the Atlanta area, you can find several just off the interstate. I chose the one that had a special internet discount; it was clean and quiet (which is all I need when just looking for a stopover).

ontario
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel on I-75 on our way to Florida.

Thanks!!!! Vcv

Have yourself a very merry christmas......

Sewickley
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel on I-75 on our way to Florida.

I just completed bidding on Priceline for a 15-day trip from Pittsburgh to Florida and back, including Columbia SC, Savannah GA, Orlando FL (3 nights), Fort Myers FL (2 nights), Miami FL (3 nights), Palm Beach FL, Jacksonville FL, Atlanta GA (2 nights) and Johnson City TN.

At every location my total charges (bid + Priceline service charge + taxes) were less than $50 per night. My total charges were more than $600 less than what I would have paid booking at the lowest rate available on the hotels' websites.

I have posted details of all of these winning bids in the BiddingForTravel (BFT) website.

Here's the link for BFT's Atlanta Priceline hotel bidding forum:

…yuku.com/forums/37/t/Georgia-Atlanta.html .

Edited: 23 December 2009, 00:49
Atlanta
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel on I-75 on our way to Florida.

I-75 Exit 218 - City of McDonough - Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn - new shopping and dining area - just off the highway exit to the right. More hotels choices... www.tourmcdonough.com

9. Re: Hotel on I-75 on our way to Florida.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 05:16