We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food choices inside Cobb Energy Center

Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
542 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Food choices inside Cobb Energy Center

We are going to the Cobb Energy Center for the first time on Friday to see Billy Crystal. I've searched the forums for food recommendations, but only see restaurants in the area, not actually inside the venue... What are the food options inside, if any? We are not looking for an expensive meal (like Rays on the River or Canoe), just something fairly inexpensive and quick... Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,713 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food choices inside Cobb Energy Center

I have never seen food being served inside that venue. They usually just have a few bars in the lobby.

I am unimpressed by the dining scene in that area, but I do not go there very often. OK Cafe might be a good place to get a moderately priced dinner. To the best of my recollection, your only other options are chains or driving to Vinings.

Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
542 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food choices inside Cobb Energy Center

It sounds like it's more like the Fox Theatre than Phillips Arena or Gwinnett Arena. Glad I asked - we'd be awfully hungry if we didn't eat beforehand. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food choices inside Cobb Energy Center

Real Chow Baby is in the Galleria Specialty Mall near there. It's kind of like a Mongolian grill thing - pile your veggies, meat, and rice/noodles and they cook it for you. They have cards that recommend what combos work together. My combos didn't work for me, but I tried to get creative. Our friends eat there at least once a week.

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food choices inside Cobb Energy Center

Maybe one of these links will help:

cobbgalleria.com/destination/destinationRest…

cobbenergycentre.com/plan_visit_dining.aspx

Atlanta
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Food choices inside Cobb Energy Center

Cinco Mexican Cantina has just opened less than a block from the Centre.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food choices inside Cobb Energy Center

I see you are from Canton. We are from Atlanta, originally, but we live in Calhoun. When we are in the area we go to the Cheesecake Factory at Cumberland Mall. It has been fairly decent. I have wanted to go to shows, venues, at the Cobb Energy Center but we haven't done it yet. . I suspect the food is like the Atlanta Airport. You know, expensive and inedible. Prove me wrong. Go with low expectations. That has come to be our mantra when we go to places we've never been. Let us know. Not a very satisfying answer, I know.

Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
542 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Food choices inside Cobb Energy Center

There are limited choices inside the arena - they had a snack bar with sandwiches, sodas, chips, etc... And a bar with alcoholic drinks too. I got a glass of Diet Coke and it was $4.00 so I can't imagine how expensive the food would be! We chose to eat at Ted's Montana Grill in Kennesaw and then drove to the Cobb Energy Center. But the venue is beautiful and Billy Crystal was great!

8. Re: Food choices inside Cobb Energy Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 05:16